If you've had your COVID-19 booster you may not need another shot for years

Originally published at: If you've had your COVID-19 booster you may not need another shot for years | Boing Boing

4 Likes

On the one hand, this is tentatively great news.

On the other hand, I’ll happily take all the boosters they want to provide if it keeps me and my loved ones - especially those who cannot get vaccinated - safe.

37 Likes

That’s good to hear after getting my ass kicked by the Moderna booster just like the J&J shot.

Even better that I got my booster on my birthday. Yay, adulting :man_facepalming:

18 Likes

Kimmy Schmidt Good Luck GIF by Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt

17 Likes

So now we just need everyone to get boosted and we can be done with this…

12 Likes

If the SpFn vaccine comes out with decent results, I’d give it a whirl. It’s the one being developed by the US Army that may offer immunity to a wide variety of Coronaviruses, not just Covid-19. https://www.usnews.com/news/health-news/articles/2021-12-22/u-s-army-reports-progress-on-covid-vaccine-that-fights-all-variants
https://www.science.org/doi/10.1126/scitranslmed.abi5735

8 Likes

happy-jumping

6 Likes

I wanted to get my Moderna booster before the holidays since we had immunocompromised family visiting. It was just after the approval for my age group and the beginning of Omicron, so appointments were booked weeks out. Unfortunately, I contracted a regular (mild) cold a few days before. I felt 90% recovered when I went in for the shot, but it ended up kicking my ass for another four days just because I was already weakened. I only ever had about 12 hrs of brain fog and sore arm with the previous two. So grateful for the inconvenience, though. Not a single family member got sick.

10 Likes

If ever a post called for this gif:

Kristen Bell Laughing GIF

14 Likes

The booster had been so much better than the J&J. How my immune system felt after the first time tho…

3 Likes

Got my Moderna booster yesterday in San Diego, following two Pfizers last year. No more free shots for me, but hopefully this will be like the article states and I can relax on shots for a while.

6 Likes

Excited Scott Evans GIF by NBC World Of Dance

2 Likes

And, if it turns out that being boosted becomes an infrequent thing (like a tetanus booster), it’ll take yet another talking point away from the antivax a-holes.

“You’re just going to keep getting untested toxic injections every few months because the government says so?”…

That was my f-ing plan, and so far, even with exposures at GirlChild’s school and VetWife’s work, we’ve luckily (and science-ily) avoided actually getting Covid so far (thank Vax!).

If we don’t have to get boosters all that often, great. I felt like crap after the last one.

7 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.