IKEA staff and customers forced to sleep in the store due to blizzard

Only 12 inches?

7 Likes

I’ll probably use one of mine to replace the plastic tab switch to control the window in my truck, it got cold enough it broke off the other day.

As in, literally as a replacement for the switch lever

3 Likes

1 Like

We usually just drink beers, but if you’ve got that kind of time on your hands…go for it!

5 Likes

Yeah I know. Was virgin territory when I got here but by the time I hit post there where 3 published ahead of me. Still, I’d have been glad NOT to listen to Oasis.

2 Likes

That’s almost apocalyptic for Aalborg. Say double of what they usually get over a couple of days if it snows at all.

5 Likes

Fairly sure they have staff showers

1 Like

It’s definitely not fair to judge because dealing with snow is relative. A whopping 1/4" can shut down Dallas, but it takes something like 60" to shut down Buffalo. Where I live now 12" would close schools, but would’ve been just another Wednesday where I grew up.

7 Likes

“IKEA staff and customers forced to sleep in blizzard due to the store” would have been a more interesting story.

hallmark3

Hallmark movie in 3, 2, 1…

12 Likes

they spent the evening watching television and eating,

Are you sure that is all they did?

It’s Denmark snow. It’s 25x denser than Norwegian snow.

3 Likes

And I’ve seen The Swedish Chef. He’s got this covered. With one cleaver tied behind his back.

1 Like

Or we could do the Tobe Hooper version.

1 Like

It’s good steel, but will also be brittle as quenched, so if you hammer it out, make sure to temper it back very well. If you’re just using it without heating/hammering to change shape, then it’ll probably outlast the rest of the mechanism.

Did some experimentation last night, and I can get really small grain and can get it quite hard (no jokes, referring to the steel…), so if I can get it to stick to itself, I could theoretically make “KNIF”. Damn, now I’ve got a project once I’ve got the christmas craft list completed…

4 Likes

I was more commenting on the diverse opinions concerning that particular flavor of Britpop :man_shrugging:

1 Like
2 Likes

Next invention: vignette curtains! “New: HÏDDE”

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.