"I'll keep doing that until I run out of batteries" Tennessee sheriff's deputies torture teenager with stun gun

Oh yeah. Doesn’t take much current to kill a person. From The Fatal Current on the Ohio State physics department website:

As the current approaches 100 milliamps, ventricular fibrillation of the heart occurs - an uncoordinated twitching of the walls of the heart’s ventricles which results in death.

How do they know the guy doesn’t have a heart problem (even undiagnosed) that would make it more probable?

These guys need to be fired, stripped of their pensions, and imprisoned. They also need “DON’T EVER HIRE AS COP” permanently tattooed in big letters on their foreheads.

15 Likes

You have, word for word, written my sentiments on this matter.

As a middle aged white guy I’ve got the least to fear yet my memories of a painful and unjustified altercation with the law when I was 18 haunt me. I avoid them just like the Clockwork Orange Droogs that they are.

7 Likes

As Sheriff, I want our citizens to know that any inappropriate behaviour that may have violated an individual’s rights will not be tolerated.

That’s not inappropriate behavior. Inappropriate behavior is something like making jokes that have no place in the workplace. This is a crime.

24 Likes

Yeah, I won’t be watching that video.

15 Likes

Believe me I get the union piece. I manage a union environment. That said, the trend has not been that officers lose their badges following incidents like this. The media quiets down and the guys are back at work in a month or two. I’m fine with the investigation, not ok with the complete lack of accountability.

8 Likes

The problem isn’t necessarily that police aren’t summarily fired. Investigating first is the right thing to do, as is getting them off the street in the meantime, no matter how obvious their guilt seems.

The main problem is that no one else is afforded comparable treatment. Any other human being caught as the suspect in such a tape would be in jail faster than the victim can spasm, most likely fired from whatever job they have before they even have a chance to make bail, let alone mount a defense.

18 Likes
4 Likes

when can we bring back ‘an eye for an eye’ type punishments?

1 Like

Yeah, we won’t tolerate that behavior which is why I put them on administrative leave!

• which is a nice spin for saying paid vacation.
1 Like

Good grief everyone relax they could have been following up on a terrorist related threat as a matter of national security like in 24, and its not like they anal tazed him.

1 Like

The “eye for an eye” attitude is exactly the reason why incidents of police violence are a common occurrence and the US has more people incarcerated than anyone else.

4 Likes

What facts need to be gathered? You have it all on tape. Everybody involved should go straight to into prison with “cop” tattooed on their forehead

5 Likes

it was a joke, I just wouldn’t mind seeing these officers get a few tasers on video.

I hope the internal affairs uses similar tactics in their “investigation”. These pigs could use some zaps IMHO

Good call! It is the ‘two girls one cup’ of cop videos. So wish I hadn’t. Maybe the warning should have been in all caps or something. ‘sick sh!t ahoy matey!’

Rule 34 says there is much much worse out there. But it is sickening to think this was AOK with all these officers. What did he do? (I mean after his arrest for drug/weapon) Did he not rat out someone? (confess! confess!) Did he hurt Officer Skinhead’s feelings?

I’m off to play some nice soothing music and work at forgetting this.

3 Likes

I’m ok with them getting the "Trevor Phillips"deluxe interrogation from GTA 5

Don’t worry, you’ll march on saturday, or something.

1 Like

Usually torture is for a goal, like getting a confession or information.
These guys where just getting off on it. I guess that’s a goal of some sort.

2 Likes

It was your comment about the sick laughter that clinched it for me. Thanks for the warning, though I’m sorry it was at the expense of your mental peace.

6 Likes

It gives me some measure of solace to have saved even one person this ugliness. Sufficeth to say it is evil.
I usually come to BB for the wonderful things. I should have skipped this ugly thing.

Peace out!

5 Likes