Illegal surveillance: Mike Lindell's plan to strap "WMDs" to drones

Originally published at: Illegal surveillance: Mike Lindell's plan to strap "WMDs" to drones | Boing Boing

6 Likes

See, this is how we know he’s a moron. Everyone knows that in the space of “I have this amazing device, but I can’t show you that it works because “They” will come after me” the real grift is in perpetual motion machines, car engines that run on water, and nuclear fusion.

15 Likes

I guess no one has told him that routers don’t have to announce their SSIDs.

(Explaining to him how to snoop traffic to detect those routers would be an idiot-whisperer post-grad program.)

20 Likes

“I [Lindell] have a command center” that alerts will be sent to, but “I’m not going to say what state” the command center is in.

It’s in the state of delusion.

24 Likes

My poling place is 5 miles from O’Hare airport and in direct line with one of its main runways. It’ll be interesting to see how the FAA responds to drones buzzing around there.

14 Likes

It shows he’s a moron all right but the real grift is exactly this kind of stuff - allegedly cutting edge tech that you can get some idiot to pay a fortune for, wrapped up in NDAs so your refusal to explain anything other than vague technobollocks to the marks seems official and legal.

See selling “IED detectors” to the military or all sorts of profiling software, etc. The whole panoply of “security” technology. Lots of it is pure grift.

15 Likes

Even if this weren’t illegal, immoral, highly specious and - not to put too fine a point on it - stupid, what’s he expecting to find? I can see the press release now.
“Look! Incontrovertible proof of fraud! Somewhere within 50 meters of this polling place, DIRECT-9C-HP-OfficeJet-Pro is STEALING OUR DEMOCRACY!”

18 Likes

i was thinking “in a state of chaos” or “state of non-existentance”. so, yeah, “delusion”.

that’s brilliant. i’ll be swiping that now, thank you.

8 Likes

Within reach of my phone at the moment is Hogwarts, “Gnorts, the alien”, bikini bottom, and the Spectacular. There is likely 100% chance that if you walk around an average city, you’re going to find somebody with a goofy network name that an idiot would think was stealing the election.

12 Likes

There’s always the direct response to his mypillowcopters.

8 Likes

I’m seeing an entry for “eufy RoboVac 30C Max-57B8” in my Wi-Fi zone.

That’s gotta be the one, vacuuming those TFG votes right out of the voting machines.

8 Likes

Just spotted locally in preparation for fiber Friday.

It Hertz when IP

15 Likes

I’m not guaranteeing comprehension; but you could probably get his attention with a story of the relationship between Biden Service Set Identifiers and the overarching Elite Service Set.

1 Like

What kind of conspiracy nonsense is he even trying to prove here? Does he think that people vote over the internet?

2 Likes

Mike Lindell should take whatever assets he’s been able to protect and retire. He’s going to end up relying on just social security the way he’s going.

2 Likes

From the Nord VPN website: “SSID stands for S ervice S et ID entifier and is your network’s name. If you open the list of Wi-Fi networks on your laptop or phone, you’ll see a list of SSIDs. Wireless router or access points broadcast SSIDs so nearby devices can find and display any available networks. Learn how they work and how to find yours below.” While announce is peculiar word to use smart phones, laptops and specific applications (like WiFi analyzer) will show what’s nearby and other information

It suits. Access points wait for a device to send a general “Who’s there?” message, and then all the APs in range announce themselves, unless set to hidden.

4 Likes

And nearly a 100% chance that a bunch of people are going to rename their WiFi that day to “Stealing Republican Vote Server.”

I know I will be.

7 Likes

I’m surprised that he didn’t use a tried and tested piece of detection equipment, like the ADE 651

2 Likes

My tenant in the rental house at the edge of my farm has his network labeled “FBI Surveillance Van” after a joke from a movie or some such. Mikey would lose his mind.

8 Likes