IllumiBowl is a night light for your toilet

[Read the post]

What about a glow-in-the-dark toilet seat, or maybe even glowy glaze on the porcelain altar?

Strontium aluminate can be fairly visible even after several hours in the darkness. I use it on light switches and door locks, with great success.

5 Likes

I like the idea, but toilets and things on them require cleaning.

8 Likes

The thing looks somewhat cleaning-friendly, or at least not openly cleaning-hostile. Still, could be made better if it was not a hang-on add-on but more integrated to the seat or to the ceramics. (Glow-in-the-dark glaze FTW.)

2 Likes

Does it actually light up behind the commode as well as the inside? The video sure implies that it does, but I don’t see how it could.

1 Like

If I had a German Shepard, I’d get a green one, so we could do Fallout cosplay every time he drank from the bowl.

13 Likes

Oh thank God! My toilet has been suffering alone in darkness. Now, thanks to IllumiBowl, it glows in the dark! Thanks, IllumiBowl!

7 Likes

“Sets to the color of your choice or a color-rotate light mode”

Brown and yellow are all that’s needed.

5 Likes

I’ll wait for the internet enabled version.

12 Likes

Finally the pics on ratemypoo.com will have the kind of artistic Kubrickian lighting they deserve.

13 Likes

I’ve been to lazy and unsure to ever investigate but I always wanted to see if an ultraviolet light in the toilet would be sufficient to disinfect it (to the point you’d only really need to clean if it gets streaky). Purchasing an expensive light bulb to place in my toilet though is kinda low on my priority list right now.

1 Like

isn’t a suburnt bum painful?

4 Likes

Maybe but the oval tan mark is sure to make everyone jealous

9 Likes

How am I supposed to read with this?

7 Likes

How about a light moulded into the seat itself? It could be recharged by the flushing action.

4 Likes

It needs to in the water, so I can watch it illuminate my ‘stream’.

2 Likes

… to >be< in the water …

UV: Like this?

3 Likes

Looking at a blacklight, including UV LEDs, directly will cook your retinas just fine, so it should.

1 Like

Wait, people clean their toilets more than once a year? :wink:

Seriously though, toilets are pretty quick and easy to clean- it’s the tub that I would pay a lot for something like that.

3 Likes