Illuminati Bold, Dipshit Condensed, and other typefaces of covidiots and conspiracists

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/07/21/illuminati-bold-dipshit-conde.html

7 Likes

Lowercase not required.
Ligatures could be tighter.

8 Likes

They left out Wing-Dingbat.

23 Likes

Wright Wing Dingbat - It has all the characters.

14 Likes

And suits the 5G conspiracy perfectly.

4 Likes

2hvdz7

20 Likes

I actually kinda like Dipshit Condensed. They put a lot of effort into that slab serif typeface. And it is a typeface since unlike the others it’s obviously copied from print.

Edit: actually, come to think of it: are those stick on letters rather than hand drawn?

4 Likes

One thing’s for sure, all these typefaces are better in subscript - they’re not superscript.

But they do make various points.

1 Like

Shit, yes. Derp.

I couldn’t come up with anything really funny, so it must be this:

7 Likes

Another commentator observed it’s more of a “Slob Serif.”

11 Likes

Recent research suggests that cAMP affects the function of higher-order thinking

Can’t have any of that, I guess? /s

Calcium signalling is also something that goes on in neurons. Seems highly knowledgeable for a conspiracy theorist. I know that we aren’t supposed to opine on the psychiatric state of others, but this feels more or less like the kind of protest sign that a neuroscientist might make if they are having problems with paranoid schizophrenia.

3 Likes

Anyone who would
l e t t e r s p a c e
l o w e r c a s e
would steal sheep.

3 Likes

I have seen some conspiracy theorists mix advanced science into their lies, knowing that it gives credibility to their claims and that most people won’t fact check to see if the science is even relevant.

6 Likes

Stealing sheep is the least of their faults.

Do any of these fonts automatically misspell words?

10 Likes

Idiots; or punny enemies of Bernard Mandeville’s proposed social reform?

1 Like

Given that the conspiracies list on those signs is way incomplete, what about Sans Soros?

1 Like

I came to make a Comic Sans joke until I saw this.

1 Like

That’s good.
In college I worked on a project with architects who brought their concept drawings to a big meeting with the central playground labeled: pubic play area. I still get a giggle out of that. This one’s even better. If pubic’s off limits, what are we working with here?

More OT, one of the signs in the twitter thread reads: “Give me liberty or give me COVID,” and I thought, why not both?

3 Likes