"I'm a legitimate person" — Trump's hilarious 13-point refutation of incriminating recording

Originally published at: "I'm a legitimate person" — Trump's hilarious 13-point refutation of incriminating recording | Boing Boing

5 Likes

23 Likes

“I’m a legitimate person. Mom swore it.”

17 Likes

If 45 is what it means to be “legitimate,” then never have I ever been more grateful to be ‘a bastard.

31 Likes

[citation needed]

24 Likes

For both words in that phrase.

13 Likes

Trump says a lot of phrases that I get the gist of even if I recognize they’re surreal word-salad.

But “I’m a legitimate person” was legitimately weird, even by his standards.

peopleperson

14 Likes

Donald Trump: “I am a legitimate person.”

Florida Jury: “Yes, you are a legitimate criminal who has committed espionage and are ineligible for public office. However you are eligible for lifetime accommodations provided by the government, except to attend other trials, of which transportation will be provided.”

14 Likes

“Save it for the judge, buddy”

Pedro Laughing GIF by Brand MKRS creative agency

8 Likes

I’ve turned “I’m a legitimate person” over and over in my mind, in context, and I keep coming to: Trump wanted to say “I’m an honest person” but couldn’t, like he realized how phony it would sound, or that it would be some kind of tell.

18 Likes

Why do you need a citation? Everyone’s saying it, with tears in their eyes

is the /s really needed here?

10 Likes

18 Likes

17 Likes

He’s saying he’s one legitimate person, only 1 Legit by my count. Not 2 Legit, 2 Legit 2 Quit. 1 Legit means he can and should definitely still Quit.

15 Likes

Probably he meant to say that he is a law abiding citizen, but the concept is so alien to him that the turn of phrase never got in his vocabulary.

13 Likes

Even Hammer wasn’t ‘Too Legit’, and had to eventually quit…

11 Likes

It’s exactly the kind of thing a poorly articulated mannequin controlled by a colony of roaches and voiced by an early AI would say…

15 Likes

When a legitimately malign person erupts on the political scene, the body politic has ways to shut that whole thing down.

15 Likes

Does he mean he’s actually a human being? Because I never questioned that until he said it…

14 Likes

Im Legit New Girl GIF by Amanda

3 Likes