Image of Rudy Giuliani digging into his pants from Borat is used in sexual assault lawsuit

Originally published at: Image of Rudy Giuliani digging into his pants from Borat is used in sexual assault lawsuit | Boing Boing

3 Likes

We may expect a whole lot of: “But that was just a movie! A work of fiction!!” with the obvious riposte of “But Giuliani wasn’t aware of that when he did that disgusting thing!” being too often ignored. … sure seems that one of the trumpy ‘superpowers’ is the ability to be so revolting, so far outside of conventional civil behavior that it gets a skip because few can even accept it, let alone visualize it within context; or some-such psychobabble -sigh-

6 Likes

I’m not a fan of Sacha B.C.'s kind of cringe comedy, but I do appreciate the public service aspect they provide; we saw clearly how quickly Giuliani was to lay back and start taking off his pants - it was habitual for him.

12 Likes

… along with sexual harassment allegations and ‘humorous gotchas’ that definitely veer into sexual harassment. We’re expected to laugh along, but if it wasn’t on a camera and we weren’t an audience, would probably give us pause.

4 Likes

It seems that Sacha Baron Cohen and his team were very well informed about Giuliani’s behaviour. They weren’t simply seeing if he would take the bait, they know what he was capable of doing and how to embolden him to do it.

5 Likes

@Carla_Sinclair Kind of a critical typo in your quote from the clip. You wrote

Ms. Dunphy was frightened. She said she wanted to get undressed, unpack, and settle in.

In the clip it says

Ms. Dunphy was frightened. She said she wanted to get dressed, unpack, and settle in.

When I first read what you wrote and it said “undressed” I was very confused. Then watching the clip with the word “dressed” made a lot more sense.

6 Likes

Oops! :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Image of Rudy Giuliani digging into his pants from Borat is used in sexual assault lawsuit

Well Done Ok GIF by Ka-pow

I like the Borat brand, when it draws out, ridicules and exposes bad tendencies from heinous people.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.