Impressive political ad for newcomer to Arkansas governor's race goes viral

Originally published at: Impressive political ad for newcomer to Arkansas governor's race goes viral | Boing Boing

10 Likes

We need more nuclear physicist ministers. He’s an atomic holy man!

31 Likes

Too smart by far to be acceptable in Arkansas.

17 Likes

Vote for a bright future or the benighted past. Your choice, Arkansas.

22 Likes

I want to vote for him, and I don’t even live in Arkansas. Hey, Chris, if they don’t want you, there are plenty of other states who do!

26 Likes

I’m not even old enough to vote and I want to vote for him also!! Dude should be President!!

13 Likes

Wow. That Challenger segment took me right back to 1986. That was a masterpiece of efficient storytelling and editing. Using the stole to illustrate relative time as a way to tell his story was straight up Cosmos stuff. Brilliant!

31 Likes

“It’s about time”

From a branding perspective, this was a brilliantly built and delivered arrow of a message.

19 Likes

Can he be governor of two states at once? Asking for a certain mid-Atlantic state bordering DC…

8 Likes

I so hope he wins, but this is Arkansas. I visited Hot Springs National Park during the height of Covid. II can’t even tell you how many nasty looks I got for wearing a mask in public. Yet another beautiful state, as long as you don’t talk to people.

7 Likes

I hope the Democratic machine connects this candidate with Stacey Abrams and the other POC and progressive organizers. I know Arkansas is a very challenging place demographically for any Democrat, but I feel like there is hope if only the Democratic party would pass the torch to the new guard.

9 Likes

e159f454b9411d0e92b6395b52258606

9 Likes

please do the right thing Arkansas –– elect this man

3 Likes

That was a great ad.

If his opposition ran a similar ad, it would be 15 seconds long and be like, “My daddy was governor, and I had a job at the White House that I didn’t do.”

6 Likes

That may be the best political campaign ad I’ve ever seen.

3 Likes

As long as he’s not one of those fundamentalists who worships a subterranean nuclear warhead he’s cool with me.

11 Likes

11 posts were split to a new topic: State resident names and nicknames

I know nothing more about this man than the contents of this ad.

But he sounds like the kind of leader who would create prosperity and lead his people to a bright, new future. He sounds like someone who should satisfy nearly ever contingent.

Of course the idiot liar who is running against him will win. And the people of Arkansas will continue to make West Virginia look better by occupying that “absolute worst” spot for another generation…

(Come on Arkansians, prove me wrong, elect this dude!)

1 Like

That’s what naysayers said about Stacy Abrams’ work to flip Georgia blue.

When you call upon the voters to help their state rise to its potential instead of writing them off as hopeless redneck losers they might just surprise you.

Besides, it’s not like Arkansas never elected a Democrat before; three of the last five governors were Democrats. One even went on to be President.

12 Likes

From your mouth to God’s ear. (If there is a God. If She has an ear.)

1 Like