Impressive trailer for the new Legend of Zelda game

A relevant Link (heh) that I came across today:

2 Likes

Itā€™s not lagging behind. Nintendo is more than technically capable of doing what Xbox/Sony does. But thatā€™s not them, nor has it ever been. The people that want them to add those ā€˜servicesā€™ donā€™t like Nintendo games much anyways. When I had an Xbox, all that stuff was a turn off for me. I just want to turn it on, play games, rinse repeat. I donā€™t want to sign in, figure out what ā€˜levelā€™ of an ā€˜online subscription serviceā€™ I need, pay for a random account with a bunch of crap I will never use just to play online, download apps on my console aside from the obvious (Netflix, streaming video, etcā€¦). For older dudes like me, games were/are a simple past-time, just about fun solo or with friends. I donā€™t need a ā€˜cutting edge multimedia experienceā€™, I just want to shoot paint at squid people, run around in weird little puzzle rooms, or smash goombahs or whatever. I tried really hard to like Fallout 3, but in the end Bethesda games really solidified for me what I hate about Xbox/Sony. Those games would be fun on a PC, but sitting on a couch they were the pinnacle of tedium. Donā€™t get me wrong, I love PC games. Would be playing more of them if I had the time/expendable income. Itā€™s Xbox/Sony consoles which I think are pointless, and a solution to a problem that doesnā€™t exist anymore. I guess I also resent them a little too, because I donā€™t want to see Nintendo bullied into adopting that kind of mediocrity.

1 Like

Just make one of the damn games be about Zelda already. Or call them ā€œLegend of Linkā€.

3 Likes

Ocarina of Time had a lot to do with Zelda (because of Sheik).

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.