In 1932 four gangsters set out to kill their friend and failed five times in a row

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/05/02/in-1932-four-gangsters-set-out.html

1 Like

zowdd

6 Likes

We enjoyed this. My daughter and I now listen to Futility Closet on the way to and from school, and she loves it. This morning we started listening to the one about the Voynich Manuscript, but didn’t finish before we got to school. As she was getting out of the car, she said, “Dad, don’t listen to this without me.” Awesome.

4 Likes

I look forward to the Coen Brothers adaptation in which the group of hapless killers accidentally pick each other off one by one in a vain attempt to whack the guy with the insurance policy.

2 Likes

Sam O’nella’s telling of this story is fucking hilarious.

1 Like

Not yet listened to the podcast, but if you fail spectacularly at gangster-ing, does that even earn you the right to call yourself a gangster?

1 Like

Read about this in The Poisoner’s Handbook. Gem of a book about the development of forensic science.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.