In a video, Tucker Carlson attacks media, plans Twitter-based show revival

Originally published at: In a video, Tucker Carlson attacks media, plans Twitter-based show revival | Boing Boing

4 Likes

shocked philip j fry GIF

12 Likes

16 Likes

Racism, hate and white supremacy without the middle man.

tumblr_mj67djVOZ81r8swqdo1_500

5 Likes

On Breitbart:

As of now, though, Fox firing Tucker looks about as wise as killing John Wick’s dog.

trooper-sjp-doubtful-murmurs

12 Likes

… who is this “we” :confused:

12 Likes

Carlson then goes on to explain that he’s bringing his canceled show to Twitter…

At this rate, I’m going to wear this gif out.

12 Likes

Thought he had some noncompetes, if he’s talking about “putting on a show”, Fox attorneys may fuck him up.

7 Likes

I realize this is obvious, but Twitter seems like a really bad choice right now. Is he afraid of takedowns on YouTube or something? The video functionality of Twitter is atrocious (scrubbing, time stamps, full screen all suck massively or don’t exist afaik). What’s the advantage other than Musk as an unhinged co-conspirator?

12 Likes

Pretty sure that’s the answer right there.

13 Likes

Depends on how he was exited from Fox.

Noncompetes are anti-labor though, so need to die in a fire.

5 Likes

For the moment it’s still considered a mainstream platform with a large reach in a way that Truth Social and the other fascist social sites aren’t. That’s why the orange sexual predator will also return there in July. Musk will welcome both with open arms and will let them spew their poison even as the remaining advertisers ask to be filtered from their threads.

7 Likes

He just put the final nail in Twitter’s coffin.

5 Likes

How much of his fox show was him just reading from his own list of racist shower thoughts and how much was a team of writers jotting down things they thought tucker would say?

2 Likes

He’s obviously in it for the massive audience that is about to flock to this new twitter once the 6th dimension of Elmo’s monetization strategy kicks in.

8 Likes

How does one make money posting videos on Twitter?

Given so many of the boomers who flocked to his show aren’t even on Twitter, guess we will see how this pans out. There are already a ton of right wing shit heads posting daily on there, though usually to promote their other shows on other platforms.

2 Likes

But if I don’t mention the fact that the same man has been arrested for the same crime six times before, am I really informing you? No, I’m not. I’m misleading you.

Not misleading, but as bad character evidence is usually inadmissible and prejudicial to “innocent until proven guilty” the correct thing to do is not to publish the previous convictions until after the trial. (It can be requested to be used in England/Wales under CrimPR sec 21 - it’s a high bar to get over though)

3 Likes

Let’s do the math. If we assume an average of 3.25Million regular viewers (Here Are Cable News Ratings for March 2023), each of whom (optimistically) would pay $8/month for exclusive rights to watch milquetoast hitler spew his raw sewage, that comes to $260,000,000 per year in subscribers.

Let’s say 10% of that goes to Tuck (so he won’t go to Newsmax, or wherever) leaving Muskrat with $234million. I don’t think that’s going to cover his interest payments ($24B * 3.25% = $780M/year), though it might cover some operating expenses.

I guess this is all part of that 5D chess I’m so baffled about.

5 Likes

In-video paid promotions?

2 Likes

He’s got more millennial fans. :woman_shrugging:

Demographic profiles of U.S. adults who identify as fans of Tucker Carlson, Donald Trump and Fox News

6 Likes