In case you were wondering, there's no reason to squirt coffee up your ass

It could be a caffeine jolt or maybe not. I remember reading in a Lenny Bruce biography that he once gave himself an opium enema. He was told it really wouldn’t get him high but he shrugged it off and said, “I just like putting stuff up my ass.”

And for people who don’t enjoy either enemas or the taste of coffee there are other options.

4 Likes

Absolutely, which is a big reason it’s stayed popular. Enemas or other methods of putting medicine up your butt is a fast-track to absorption into the body; a coffee enema is inevitably going to give you a caffeine rush.

Unrelated: I’d love to call for a moratorium on the idiotic word “woo” to describe things authors think are lacking in substance.

4 Likes

Because THAT’S WHERE THE LOTION GOES. Geez, how many times do I have to say it? Do I have to get the hose again?

6 Likes

Calling for moratoriums on word-choice, as though it will change anything, is just a bunch of woo.

6 Likes

Which in turn is way better than Diet Coke + Mentos.

5 Likes

Paging @ActionAbe to the Lost and Stolen Avatar Department.

5 Likes

So damn sad to see quacks still preying on the weak in the 21st century. There needs to be laws against treatment that lack evidence of efficacy.

2 Likes

Until you can find a way to give an enema without one then yes.

5 Likes

And the singular form of “data” is not “data”.

5 Likes

I was banned here for saying that once!

1 Like

How am i supposed to start my day without a crapooccino?

:notes: The best part of waking up, is folgers up your butt! :notes:

18 Likes

Putting Folgers in one’s butt is preferable to putting it in one’s mouth.

18 Likes

I was putting premium brand coffee in my bum, but i recently tried “the folgers switch” and i swear i can’t even tell the difference!

17 Likes

you have to work up to the aeropress, but once you do traveling is so much easier…lifehack™ :slight_smile: !!!

9 Likes

How about if your mouth is full? Isn’t that an obvious reason?

Coffee enema? Don’t mean to be gross, but orally-administered coffee has a rather quick laxative effect, anyway. YMMV.

3 Likes

So no coffee in the ass, fine. How about two vicodin and a shot of Beam? Probably fits easier than the coffee.

2 Likes

I beg to differ. If its a drug, it goes up your ass. This rule also applies to squishy phallic organic body parts of old friends and as a way to meet new ones. Is what gramma always said.

5 Likes

So is snorting stuff, with the benefit of not needing a toilet and a lot of liquid to buffer stuff.

Years ago, someone wrote into the Dr. Weil website and asked about coffee enemas. He quickly debunked any supposed “detoxing” or “cleansing” effect, but then said something to the effect of “but let’s be honest here, there’s a reason people want to believe coffee enemas are healthy: it’s an excuse to give yourself an enema, which people don’t want to admit feels good. But a well-administered enema feels good. So if you want to enjoy the occasional enema, hey, go for it, but don’t use coffee, and don’t pretend it’s curing you of anything.”

13 Likes