In court Alex Jones testified he didn't broadcast a photo of the judge on fire, then lawyer shows jurors Jones's photo of judge on fire

This also may not be perjury, which has to be a falsehood materially important to the case, instead I think the lawyer is trying to show to the jury that Alex Jones has no regard for telling the truth in any situation. This is about proving to the jury that every sentence that comes out of his mouth contains at least one lie if not more.

22 Likes

Maybe he’s laying the groundwork for an insanity plea.

2 Likes

Might be what he thinks he’s doing, but he comes across as some combination of “dumb as balls” and “crude animal cunning that still involves publicly telling everyone you’re shifting your money into a shell company.”

4 Likes

eating-popcorn-tv-gif

9 Likes

Think I fixed that okay.

ETA And I forgot how to do strikethru. Been a long time since last HTML’d

4 Likes

It’s so simple, it’s difficult to remember. It’s just “s” surrounded by square brackets and then “/s” surroinded by square brackets to close.

9 Likes

I was using pointy brackets.
It’s been a couple decades, sigh…

7 Likes

I use the pointy brackets. They seem to work as well.

10 Likes

Ah, I added the words strikethru, so that’s probably where I’m going wrong.
I used to love this shit, but then a decade ago I became a full-time gardener.
Better for the body, but I have forgotten a whole heap of shit.

14 Likes

Has the Trump Defence ever worked?

2 Likes

His defense upon being confronted with the image was that it actually shows Justice on fire - which I guess is why Lady Liberty is the only one that doesn’t have flames superimposed on her… It’s like the dumbest possible attempt at gaslighting.

9 Likes

If nobody believes you, nothing is a lie.

Think About It GIF by Identity

3 Likes

strike through = < strike > strike through < /strike > (without the spaces, of course)

9 Likes

Many thanks.
Will perhaps take some time to brush up on the old skills.
:slightly_smiling_face:

8 Likes

You can also do “~~” on either side of the word.

word

11 Likes

TIL! ~cool~ hmmm, or not.

4 Likes

ha, you need 2 on each side.

6 Likes

A quite excellent commentary on this chucklefuck’s clusterfuck of a defence.
Should i be enjoying all this though?

0e3

Take everything off him then throw him in the slammer.

7 Likes

cool Ah! There you go!

7 Likes

Will this affect anyone that follows him? Do they all know he’s lying all the time and simply not care? if that’s the case why does he bother with the lies?

2 Likes