In last desperate attempt to end American democracy, Trump aides change his Twitter password

Which just shows the difference between social liberalism and social democracy.

4 Likes

They take away Julian Assange’s e-mail. They take away Trump’s Twitter account. Man, is this election ever rigged! But, which way?

“The shift presents a new, managed tone for the account.”

Booorrrring! Let the Orange One be himself.

7 Likes

I guess because there is only a flunky acting as a baffle between Trump and Twitter; where President Trump will have the Senate, Congress and the Supreme Court between him and actual power. Please, let that be the truth. :open_mouth:

1 Like

Furthermore, why would anyone want to vote for this guy?
I don’t understand it at all.

12 Likes

1: They really are fragmenting; look at the last GOP primary. Part of the reason there were so many candidates is that each sub-faction wanted its own nominee. While there’s definitely overlap, mutual interests, and reactionary cohesion (in that they can agree that they’re against the Dems), they don’t really share a common interest beyond that. The Evangelicals/Dominionists want a Christian theocracy and/or the Second Coming. The Corporate Libertarians want a corporation-friendly environment where everything is for sale. The Alt-Right wants to return to the halcyon ages where racism and patriarchy were integral parts of society. The Minarchists want to gut the government (often excepting the military). The Neo-Cons want imperialism and some good old-fashioned Military-Industrial Complex. And the “Establishment” wants to perpetuate its own power and existence like any other organization.

2: oh, certainly; but that’s an emergent effect, not an agreed-upon strategy. There isn’t really a leader, even counting Ryan, just a bunch of loose cannons that all happen to point in the same direction for obstructionism.

3: I would extend the question to the entire party, regardless of level of interest; are any of the factions I listed above “remotely sane or decent”?

6 Likes

We can only hope that this is a last gasp of a dying movement brought to light in its final thrust of irrelevancy.

I can be optimistic, right?

2 Likes

Sometimes, giving in to the Dark Side is the right thing to do!

The Ecuadorian government did that.

His own staffers did that.

Quite the puzzle, hmm?

6 Likes

I’d prefer the Senate, the House, the Supreme Court, and President Clinton being between former presidential candidate Trump and actual power.

9 Likes

I heartily concur :smiley:

2 Likes

Yeah, but the party platform is pretty much the political equivalent of “a share of the net profits” in Hollywood: a worthless consolation prize given out to suckers. The batshit crazy wing of the Republican Party has finally figured out that while their wish list of deplorable ideas was in the party platform every four years, very little of it actually got done.

Although I would argue that there is considerable overlap between the Evangelical and Alt-right crowds on the one hand and the Corporate Libertarians and Minarchists on the other. Hillary is certainly evidence that the foreign policy neo-cons are distributed within both political parties. Reagan was the one who united many of the disparate wings of the party under the “less government” banner. Which the bigots heard as “less interference in de facto segregation from federal courts.” and the corporate types heard as “lower taxes and fewer regulations.” One dog whistle, playing two different tunes.

2 Likes

Does it go, “I’m angry enough to be an ass. He’s an ass and blames all the same people as I do. He speaks for me!”? Am I skipping some steps? Too many?

1 Like

It would be genuinely funny if he accidentally stiffed himself…

4 Likes

Why do you say that? He seems a stable boss that wouldn’t take pleasure in firing people.

4 Likes

They’ll shamble on so long as the southern strategy is viable. They’ll just minmax slightly less than Trump levels of hate but much more than Mittens.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.