Will Trump ever leave the White House?

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/10/02/will-trump-ever-leave-the-whit.html

5 Likes

Beginning to wish I’d moved to New Zealand 15 years ago like my wife wanted to…

26 Likes

Don’t worry - my wife assures me that at some point these Republicans will start to crack and then the house of cards will all fall down. I’m worried, but have learned to trust her.

The absolutely terrible thing is that it has actually come to this.

16 Likes

Feet first, I hope. And long before November, 2020.

But yeah, if that’s what happens it’s the end of liberal democracy in the U.S. anyhow. The chance of it happening isn’t so small that I haven’t been making contingency plans.

36 Likes

I am optimistic that the Secret Service takes their Oath of Office seriously.

31 Likes

Looking through that piece, it looks like Trump is the only one who thinks he has loyalists in the military. I might doubt that he is making a lot of friends with the diversion of infrastructure funds towards building the border wall.

35 Likes

I’m just kind of hoping that blood pressure, cholesterol, and stress do their work and settle this matter soon. Obama didn’t have a grey hair on his head when he took office, and look at him now. Trump didn’t have any hair on the top of his head when he took office, but that comb-over must be getting hard to maintain.

28 Likes

I’m OK with this, provided that it happens within the next 14 months.

16 Likes

Lesson I learned from my grandparents: always have multiple passports. I only have two now…gearing up to try and get a third.

12 Likes

Let’s hope he just follows in the footsteps of Mr Netenyahu.

19 Likes

Will Trump ever leave the White House?

No.

He will be immured in the deepest, darkest, most rat infested corner of the White House basement , chained to that gold toilet that went missing in the UK last week. A rotating cast of intelligent women will visit him every hour and taunt him with big words that he doesn’t understand.

I hope.

47 Likes

If that happens, and it very well might because the motherfuckers are terrified about being prosecuted, then it will be time for the citizens of the country to flood the streets to an extent that nothing and nobody can withstand it. I mean literally filling the streets around the White House until he leaves. And if we don’t do that, then we deserve everything we get.

15 Likes

Screw that - if he looses - hundreds of thousands of people take to the streets and physically kick his ass out of the White house.

27 Likes

This seems like one of those extremist pearl-clutching ‘what-if’ scenarios that is really just a conspiracy theory set in the future. I recall the exact same tripe being passed around when Jade Helm was going to be the pretext for Obama staying in the White House.

Dumb.

14 Likes

Is it a conspiracy theory if people on the right are actually saying this?

32 Likes

The uncertainty with which we all have to approach 2020 is terrifying. No reasonable person would have predicted ten years ago that some of our most basic governing principles were either going to be or would conceivably be tossed aside with a shrug, but here we are.

Anybody counting on our institutions to save us better have a back-up plan, because those institutions are only as good as the people we’ve put in them, and brother we’ve put some stinkers in there.

Hopefully it is. But the fact is that we’ve never had an administration like this that cares so little for the preservation of our system of government. Never.

29 Likes

God Emperor of Dumb.

FTFY.

8 Likes

“Keep the generals happy,” is one of the first rules for autocrats. Fortunately, that is just one more rule that Trump thinks does not apply to him.

25 Likes

Yes, it’s still a conspiracy theory-- those are the same nutbars that were pushing the theory last time. Now, they get to stroke themselves because they think they’re on the “right side” of the same wacky theory.

1 Like

I’d be thrilled to get some insight into how critical the armed forces actually are of our current Commander-in-Chief. The job kind of encourages a right-wing mentality a lot of the time: Fund the Military, don’t question your leaders, don’t let “feelings” get you and yours killed by the bad guys. I’m curious if the Enlisted have figured out the emperor has no clothes, or if they are still supporting him out of habit.

8 Likes