Will Trump ever leave the White House?

No problem; that’s what I’ve been ardently wishing for ever since 2017:

25 Likes

What conspiracy theory? Trump has out-and-out said he should get at least his first 2 years back, and has seriously suggested a third term.

30 Likes

The same president who just tweeted that if he is impeached, there will be civil war? That one?

There was a conspiracy to make him tweet that there will be a civil war if he’s impeached?

42 Likes

Trump doesn’t need to stay in office to erode American democracy. The damage he’s already done will be difficult to repair, his base won’t magically disappear, and he’ll still tweet like hell to undermine future administrations.

ETA: and Trump’s children will carry on his legacy for decades.

34 Likes

Part of his prison sentence needs to be deletion of his Twitter account.

31 Likes

That’s because Obama actually cared about things besides himself. F**kface Von Clownstick will probably look better than he did before.

8 Likes

This is the thing. I honestly can’t tell if this is stupid “obummer AIN’T GONNA LEAVE THE WHEIGHT HOUSE!!11!” stuff with a new face or serious.

And the problem is that I would obviously consider it absolute conspiracy theory bullshit; but… I mean, he is tweeting out Civil War 2 stuff and as you said has questioned term limits and has been claiming that the election was rigged and unfair and has lied about the results and we know that there was foreign interference in the campaigns.

It’s remarkably stupid. But so is he. As is his supporters.

15 Likes

Obama was stressed out because he took the job seriously. Trump doesn’t. He thinks it’s like being CEO of an uncooperative corporation.

26 Likes

That’s kind of the difference here, right? Obama was accused of doing these things and never did them… Trump has made attempts to do these things. they are coming out of his mouth, whether he’s serious about them or not.

29 Likes

Steps required for ⊥rump to leave the White House.

1. The House must impeach. Never mind that the Senate won’t convict. The failure of the House of Representatives to impeach would be to admit the current iteration of our little experiment in democracy (the one that started in 1789) has ended in failure.
  2. ⊥rump has to lose 2020 in a big way. No squeakers allowed, no disagreement between the popular vote and the Electoral college. And we need a big turnout also, I mean upwards of 70%
  3. The screeching and wailing between November 2020 and Inauguration day in 2021 needs to result in exercising the 25th Amendment, so that it’s President Pence (god help us) who hands over power.

Failing the above, I expect ⊥rump will literally die in office.

13 Likes

If they say they’re planning this - and if Trump says things that support this - it’s a plan. They’re not projecting what others are doing - they’re saying what they themselves want to do.

18 Likes

I don’t see why he wouldn’t.
He can take 3 hour shit breaks just about anywhere.

No but, I don’t think he will leave willingly.

5 Likes

We’ll crowdsource that shit.

1 Like

Masha Gesson and Sarah Kendzior: Believe the autocrat.

I hope you’re taking good notes. Someone has to tell the future what happened.

16 Likes

What if Mother Pence finally snaps, and kills ⊥rump so that Mikeyboy can finally rise to power?

5 Likes

I have a friend who insisted that GW Bush would never leave the White House voluntarily. That no matter what happened, he would have to be physically removed by force.

3 Likes

Being President only ages you super-fast IF you actually do the job.

19 Likes

He doesn’t seem to have much backing among military leadership or intelligence. Any experienced end of our national security apparatus. The continual claims that he has the military in his pocket seem to be entirely down to his majority support among voters who were soldiers in 2016. Which is a really poor basis for claiming he’s got enough personal control of the military to throw a coup.

He seems to have that kind of pull with ICE and CBP.

13 Likes

An interesting take from the folks over at Quartz:

“The Founders were careful about defining and regulating this dangerous power. They gave the House of Representatives “the sole Power of Impeachment,” and specified that the Senate “shall have the sole Power to try all Impeachments,” with a two-thirds majority required for conviction. They specifically prevented the president’s pardon power from reversing impeachments.”

“They also limited the possible punishments that the Senate may impose to “removal from Office, and disqualification to hold and enjoy any Office of honor, Trust or Profit under the United States.” But they only required that an impeached and convicted official “be removed from office”—and did not mandate that the person also be disqualified from holding a future office.”

“Nowhere does the Constitution define the standards for disqualification. Moreover, the Senate has declined to establish a standard.”

In typical Republican fashion I can imagine him begging for forgiveness and trying to pull it off. Tammy Baker style.

17 Likes

I can’t imagine that. Never in a million years.

26 Likes