In Marjorie Taylor Greene's fantasy world, we've got a twosome running the U.S

Originally published at: In Marjorie Taylor Greene's fantasy world, we've got a twosome running the U.S. | Boing Boing

12 Likes

Oy.
But, sure, not wearing a suit to address Congress while leading your country through a hostile invasion is what disrespects our US institutions. :roll_eyes:

27 Likes

That’s the sad reality of the fascists desire to one up each other in their race to the bottom.

13 Likes

Also, if you do wear a suit, better make sure it’s not tan.

14 Likes

That only applies if your a Black Democrat, apparently.

Ronald Reagan wore tan suits during his presidency. So did Dwight D. Eisenhower, George H.W. Bush, Bill Clinton and George W. Bush.

23 Likes

Another day,another mindless uninformed rant. Oy vei.

9 Likes

Ninja’d. Was going to point out that the issue wasn’t the tan suit as much as the skin tone of the gentleman wearing it.

Also: “pumpkin?” Does MJT have her two brain cells crossed and she thinks she’s talking to TFG?

9 Likes

So the joke is that she wrote “commander and chief” instead of “commander in chief”? Oh, ok.

2 Likes

No, I think she is the joke.

27 Likes

Pretty common speech-to-text errors. Who could have guessed she isn’t into writing things out or proofreading?

3 Likes

Grammatically, it’s fine. Logically, it’s redundant, but not necessarily incorrect. :man_shrugging:

6 Likes

Really, she is just a sad imitation of Trump and not even that compelling. I guess there always have to be a couple of clowns in Congress.

7 Likes

So, is pumpkin some new insult for the unhinged wing of the GOP? You know, like RINO?

4 Likes

24 Likes

“Commander-in-Chief” refers to the President’s position as the highest commanding officer in the armed forces. So “chief” isn’t a title in and of itself.

The President isn’t a “chief” any more than the Editor-in-Chief of a newspaper is a chief.

8 Likes

Is it possible to beat her in her district or are they proud of her there?

8 Likes

I think you could replace it with any condescending term. AFAIK “pumpkin” is generally used as a term of endearment for one’s child, not a way to address an unrelated grown adult.

We aren’t supposed to advocate violence here, but I’m listening…

Oh, you mean at the polls:wink:

19 Likes

I didn’t make that claim, though. The word was meant to be part of a title — Commander-in-Chief — but as she said it, it still works but not as intended. That’s all.

6 Likes

I don’t know how to gauge that, as I have not visited there in a while, but she has some challengers from the major city in the area from the GOP side and some pretty active and well-funded Democratic challengers, too. It’s probably more likely that the more sane wing of the GOP rallies and wins the primary in May. Like other places in GA, there are major demographic changes happening there. The whole district has a pretty large Hispanic community there now (my aunt goes to the one catholic church and says that there is now several Spanish language masses, where it used to be solely in English).

It’s not impossible, as her major backing would be the rural extremists in the district. She’s proven ineffectual in congress, that will count against her among the mainstream of the party.

12 Likes

Funny Thank You GIF by MOODMAN

11 Likes