Marjorie Taylor Greene backs plan to draft Trump for Speaker

Originally published at: Marjorie Taylor Greene backs plan to draft Trump for Speaker | Boing Boing

2 Likes

Um, about that.

33 Likes

I posted this elsewhere but it sure seems like the “indicted” part would make him ineligible to serve in that position per the 118th House Conference rules that are in place:

19 Likes

I assume I’m not supposed to ask why there are still so many future-tense “he will” items despite Great Leader’s proven 4 year record as president where he was totally going to attend to those items?

22 Likes

Sure, lets make a man who has a total of 4 indictments, 91 criminal charges across four criminal investigations, including 44 federal counts as part of Special Counsel Jack Smith’s classified documents and the January 6 investigations, house speaker for US Congress.

Seems legit.

Never mind the rapey stuff, the impeachments, or that insurrection thing. :man_shrugging:

21 Likes

Angry Season 4 GIF by The Office

12 Likes

FFS! WHY?!
How does that fucking buffoon inspire this much loyalty with a mile of bus-flattened corpses behind him?

24 Likes

She is blasting her social channels guaranteeing her base knows she would be first in line to kiss his gavel.

5 Likes

11 Likes

I can’t wait to see Jim Jordan get like 20 votes for speaker. I don’t get the impression he is liked or respected by most of his colleagues.

11 Likes

That’s what he peaked at last time. I think it depends on whether or not people hate Scalise more.

8 Likes

I fucking hate this timeline. Now being trans is on par with ‘securing the border’ and ‘supporting the military’. With these lunatics braying about trans people all the time, as a trans person, each and every day brings more fear for my safety. I long for the 90s, when we were only the butt of jokes, rather than the target of violence.

33 Likes

I wouldn’t count on them to follow their own rules.

I doubt it’ll happen, but the problem is that none of them will want to be the first to stop applauding Trump.

15 Likes

Doesn’t he just, Marjorie; doesn’t he just?

18 Likes

Really wish he’d hurry up and call all his disciples to drink the Flavor-Ade and join him on Comet Hail-Trump.

13 Likes

frustrated burt lancaster GIF by FilmStruck

5 Likes

I thought the Trumptown choices were sharks or electrocution?

10 Likes

Predicting the mental gymnastics they’ll try to perform: a member of the Republican Leadership only needs to step aside if they’re indicted while they’re in a leadership role of Congress. Trump was indicted before he was chosen to be in a leadership role in Congress, so it doesn’t count.

The “newly” between “if” and “indicted” is silent and invisible.

The only place I want to see Donald Trump lead Marjorie Taylor Green and the other Republicans in the Cult of Trump is into prison. Though I suppose I could accept leading them into the garbage can of history as a second choice.

16 Likes

Not while they have a dime left in their pockets to donate to the cause.

7 Likes

Sure, sure, Trump legally can’t take the position, doesn’t want to take the position, and there’s no way they’d get the votes for it, but you see, none of that matters, because the people proposing it aren’t serious. They aren’t serious congresspeople, and they certainly aren’t serious about actually wanting - much less doing the work to allow - Trump to be speaker. Like everything else MTG spends her time and effort on, it’s purely performative.

21 Likes