In powerful message, The Rock asks "Where is our compassionate leader?"

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/06/04/in-powerful-message-the-rock.html

8 Likes

He’s gonna run for office. Faceplam into infinity.

8 Likes

That’s what I was thining, too.
A little ‘toe-dip’ into a campaign, maybe?

5 Likes

You could do worse than having The Rock as an elected official.

He’s not qualified, he’s not experienced, he’s not educated.

But he means well and by most accounts a decent human being.

48 Likes

I must point out the complete agreement between your post and your handle. :wink: I tend to agree with you, but fear this is not a situation set up for learning on the job. We are in a huge and ongoing cluster fuck. I will take folks with some experience, please.

21 Likes

I’ll trust him over many of the other candidates we have had…because I think it is very clear he is the kind of person who has humility. Doesn’t believe he has all the answers or even any; and will actually find the best people to solve problems.

Plus, We’d save a truck ton of money no need for the secret service any more :laughing:

31 Likes

Then let him do the Ronald Reagan/ Arnold Schwarzenegger thing and start with California. We don’t need another ‘actor’ in the WH!

8 Likes

If he starts small, by running for a local state position, and then learns as he goes and works his way up, I dont have a problem with it.

36 Likes

He should move to Arkansas and run against Tom “I’m an evil nazi” Cotton. I’d vote for him.

22 Likes

The list of people who would not get my vote against Tom Cotton is frighteningly small.

25 Likes

It sure beats letting career politicians rule over us. Or let a well connected conman buy a national election. Democracy is best when people are represented by (relatively) ordinary people who have had their time at a career in the real world.

I don’t agree with much of the politics of Jessie Ventura, but he’s a real person that understands how ordinary people live. I would rather have someone in power who might be persuaded by argument than a dogmatic ideologue.

3 Likes

I agree with you on a lot of points, but power is a heady drug. Perhaps he could withstand its allure.

I’m with you, but history shows people like Mr. Johnson going straight for governor at the least.

1 Like

Only time will tell.

6 Likes

He might even listen to experts, that could be cool!

14 Likes

He’s also a 9/11 Truther. So maybe not the ideal example of a person who can be persuaded by reasonable arguments.

10 Likes

Compassion is not for Tough Guys™.

He ain’t got time to read.

3 Likes

On my least-favorite of the 31 Flavors of Anti-Intellectualism.

3 Likes

Good grief, we’ve reached a point where, what should be (and, should’ve always been) the most basic of qualifications/requirements, has become “well that’s refreshing!”

20 Likes