In private dealings, Trump lies constantly and without apparent purpose

one lie degrades your character, a million lies is a statistic or something. I mean that is just a yuuuge number of lies, that is the best, biggest amount of lies anyone ever told.

11 Likes

I remember when a new kid came to our high school. He’d just moved there from England. Except that by “England,” he meant Arizona, and his accent was an affectation. He wasn’t the last person I met who did this, although only one of them was post-adolescent (at least in elapsed years).

4 Likes

If only; I would totally vote for Liberace over Mango Mussolini.

27 Likes

C’mon, I don’t think he’s necessary lying - at least not intentionally- he just as no idea WTF he’s doing and doesn’t remember everything he’s made up previously in an attempt to hide that fact.

A guy I worked with had that reaction to me, for all the reasons I was late, had to leave early, arrived without pants - you know, normal stuff.

One day he came out for a drink. Some of my friends were there & they decided to have some fun at my expense. Partway through he suddenly stands up, face drained of colour, slams his hands on the table and cries “it’s true. It’s all f’n true…” :boom: Mind blown. I don’t think he was ever the same again. Like he’d pierced the veil into “weirder things” and couldn’t unsee it.

8 Likes

Have you heard about Donald Trump’s contributions to NAMBLA. People are talking about it. :slight_smile:

11 Likes

Solid gold ermine with extra gilding.

2 Likes

Someone commenting on Slate made an excellent observation:

###Narcissists both despise the people who admire them and crave their attention. So he loathes his supporters but can’t live without them.

26 Likes

23 Likes

He’s been a confidence artist since at least age 11. BSing and lying are second nature to him at this point.

7 Likes

I heard about it from some very smart, really the best people. I can’t tell you for sure if it’s true or not, I’m just tellin’ you what I heard.

13 Likes

And you are using all of the best words to say it.

10 Likes

Credit to Larry Wilmore.

6 Likes

6 Likes

Peter Serafinowicz had the same idea.

5 Likes

Mildly more tolerable to the ear, but still just as obviously meaningless rhetoric.

SMH

I know it’s fake because he barely ever gives money to anybody.

3 Likes

That and the article I linked to mentioned the story was entirely faked by a rumormongering “bot”.

We have seen the future. Automated snark!

3 Likes

We’ll pagerank ourselves to victory!

2 Likes

17 Likes

In college this housemate of mine (friendly but not exactly friends) had a brother who was in a terrible motorcycle accident. I came home and found a funeral-like thing going on in the living room one night – lots of people consoling him, tissues everywhere, etc. It was bad. Next morning another roommate’s mom bumped into the kid’s mother at church, said “so sorry about Joe’s accident” or whatever… “What accident? Huh?” Busted. The kid made the whole goddamn thing up, and then his defense was that somehow someone who SOUNDED LIKE HIS MOM pranked him!

Point of the story … this roommate’s level of crazy doesn’t come within a billion light years of Trump’s crazy level.

8 Likes