In search of the perfect screwdriver

If you’re using a non-ratcheting screwdriver, what are you even doing? I have one with multiple bits that store in the handle–and the handle can operate either straight on for tight-space jobs, or, with an adjustment, as an L-shaped handle for additional leverage when you’ve got the room.

i find that a blend of two parts mineola tangelo/one part honey tangerine/one part blood orange gives the best balance of tartness to sweetness for a screwdriver. all freshly squeezed, of course.

2 Likes

I find that the tips of those wear out pretty easily, generally mid-turn, especially on higher-quality screws.

David Tennant Zap GIF by Doctor Who

Seriously, has no one posted this yet???
I am disappointed

9 Likes

Bahco, for reasons described in an earlier thread on Weras:

1 Like

I haven’t bought a screwdriver in probably 30 years. I did buy a very nice mechanics toolkit for our RV about 6 years ago but no individual screwdrivers in years.

These are more than enough.

3 Likes

No love for Wera?
This is little torque driver is probably the most expensive screwdriver currently around me.

I also love the ifixit driver set for electronics.

1 Like

Ultimately it comes down to personal preference. I thought the weird handles on the Wera screwdrivers were a bit contrived until I held one and looked at what my fingers were doing and then the handles made sense.

I’ve only had them for a couple of weeks but so far, I love them.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.