In setting damages, Judge tells the jury that Rudy Giuliani is hiding his assets

"You have ugly talents, Martha Rudy.”

6 Likes

Nothing like an Albee play to illustrate how dangerous it is to play games with reality…

The central message of Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf? is widely believed to be that human beings must learn to live without illusion. Throughout the play, the characters do battle to protect their own versions of reality, while tearing down each other’s.

7 Likes

And that, kids, is one more reason to pay attention to the 3,2,1 guidelines on data storage.

• Keep at least three (3) copies of data.
  • Store two (2) backup copies on different storage media.
  • Store one (1) backup copy offsite.

And fer Chrissakes, if it’s important, have a copy on-hand in addition to the offsite backups.

13 Likes

If they fumigate appropriately, there’ll also be the matter of the radioactive crater.

8 Likes

I forgot about that.

5 Likes

Did he, though? It seems like he has been presenting a far less competent legal defense than most of those mobsters did or he would have at least had a chance to argue his case at trial instead of getting a summary judgement handed down against him.

10 Likes

So many questions about Rudy now…

8 Likes

Thanks. I was wondering why he wouldn’t have answered the complaint. I’m not sure that fully explains it, though. He could have subpoenaed those records, even though he hasn’t paid his bill. I dunno, this whole thing is odd. It’s like he was just hoping it would disappear if he ignored it.

13 Likes

Next he’ll be claiming that he was the one who gave Hammurabi the idea to write all those rules down.

7 Likes

I’ll probably never know the truth, but I’m certain you’re right: there’s more to it than this.

8 Likes

Just came here to say this; I’m shocked that this has happened twice in two high profile cases recently. I know this sounds insane, but I expected more from Giuliani than this. Not like, to be a good person, that ship done sailed, but to be self-involved enough to avoid it.

8 Likes

I think he’s more concerned with trying to stay out of jail and is putting his time and resources (whatever is left) towards that. What does he care if there’s a financial judgement against him if he’s rotting in jail?

4 Likes

The records would probably incriminate him in several new crimes.

I’m surprised a Russian oligarch hasn’t made an offer on his apartment.

9 Likes

“Now we get a rude and a reckless
To be seen lookin’ cool an’ speckless
And drinking brew for breakfast
Rudy can’t fail”

Brew for breakfast is definitely part of his winning formula.

6 Likes

Hiding a lot.

7 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.