In setting damages, Judge tells the jury that Rudy Giuliani is hiding his assets

Originally published at: In setting damages, Judge tells the jury that Rudy Giuliani is hiding his assets | Boing Boing

9 Likes

How very Alex Jones of him.

14 Likes

I don’t know. The fact that he’s still making those cheesy video greetings for cash indicates that he’s strapped for cash.

8 Likes

Strapped for cash and doesn’t have assets are two different things.

See the apartment he’s trying to sell for $6.5M

31 Likes

Just today it was reported that he’s put his apartment in NYC up for sale. I’d guess that between his legal bills and various adverse judgements, most of that money is already spoken for.

14 Likes

Naturi Naughton Omg GIF by Power

19 Likes

“Trying” is the operative word here. It’s been on the market since July.
I wonder how long it will take to find a buyer.

13 Likes

How to set damages? Simple.

“All of it”.

22 Likes

“Those stains are not coming out of the carpet.”

19 Likes

I’m sure Rudy learned a lot from the racketeers he prosecuted decades ago. Now he can use their slimy tricks too!

16 Likes

It took me a while to figure out which of the many Trump-adjacent lawsuits this was from.

15 Likes

Looking forward to all of these Trump-licking bastards going bankrupt!

elizabeth taylor crying GIF by Warner Archive

10 Likes

Ah, the irony that Rudy is now having to pay for a lot of expensive lawyers (and settlements) to deal with the fallout of the legal work he did for Trump - for which Trump never paid him. (As a guy who has always needed the attention, he was working largely for exposure - which turned out to also be legal exposure.) It’s just layers of self-inflicted injury, really.

22 Likes

Indeed, never work for exposure.

18 Likes

Make Attorneys Get Attorneys!

14 Likes

In a just world, the Liz Taylor character represents all the Magahats that realise, like Liz in that scene, that they are in an abusive relationship with P011(whatever) and tell him to eff off.

However, as is the case in the movie, they have nowhere else to go so they put up with the abuse.
(thinks about it for a sec)
That… that video clip is probably the best representation of the Magahats’ situation.

Well done there, Mike!

9 Likes

20 Likes

Giuliani also owes more than $300,000 to document-hosting company Trustpoint.One. This has apparently made it difficult for him to access his electronic records, which was a major reason for his forfeiture of this case. His finances will likely continue to be strained as he battles a new indictment in Fulton County alongside Donald Trump for the alleged effort to overturn the 2020 presidential election in Georgia.

src

“Gradually, then Suddenly”

19 Likes

This has apparently made it difficult for him to access his electronic records, which was a major reason for his forfeiture of this case

yeah, and his dog ate the printouts. :roll_eyes:

i’m sure sounding poor was the best he could come up with to try to save whatever assets he does have, while also making it sound like it’s a problem with the process – not him or his actions.

given that his accusations were clearly false, any documents he could have produced would only have helped the defense.

11 Likes

His apartment. Good luck selling it. New owner’s cost for eradication of all gooey sticky evidence of his foul presence and then fumigation will cost $3M.

8 Likes