In the least gangster move ever, Rockstar Games enlists the FBI to handle the GTA VI leaks

Originally published at: In the least gangster move ever, Rockstar Games enlists the FBI to handle the GTA VI leaks | Boing Boing

2 Likes

I reached deep, but can’t bring myself to give a dang about this.

7 Likes

8 Likes

4 Likes

See, this is why I liked the third Saint’s Row game; it didn’t take itself seriously and it knew it. It also uses a color palette with more than just brown in it.

1 Like

As if it really needed to be pointed out, @dnealy, Mafioso and cartels aren’t really cool crime syndicates and neither are black hat hackers. It’s all part of the same abusive grift and misogynistic behavior of men backed by the constant threat of violence.
Even though they’re tied up in capitalism like so many other companies, I’m kind of siding with Rockstar on this one, but still demand they clean things up on their end, like paying programmers a decent wage and reducing the amount of crunch time to meet deadlines.

4 Likes

Is the hacker at a 4-star or 5-star wanted level?

2 Likes

As someone who spent Halloween 2013 in the hospital because I got jumped by aspiring gang bangers, I know first hand that criminals are a vicious unsavory lot. I despise organized crime in the real world. I was just making a silly post. There’s no morality attached to it at all.

3 Likes

I imagine it’s because they are a game designer and not gangsters.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.