In this time of legalized marijuana The Munchies remain an issue

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/06/12/in-this-time-of-legalized-mari.html

4 Likes

Simple solution: stop smoking weed.

*(Yeah, that ain’t gonna happen.)

3 Likes

Twenty years ago a local comic had a great joke about the munchies, I think in anticipation of legalization.

But I can’t remember the joke.

Maybe something about a warning on the package about how it might cause the munchies. Or maybe a warning on tye brownies related to the munchies. It was funny at the time, I really wish I could remember Martha’s joke.

4 Likes

Fat shaming aside in this video, why in the world did the basket ball hoop at the end have a literal basket - with NO hole? Was this an old-timey thing people did?

8 Likes

When the ball lands, it exploded into fruits and vegetables as if it were a bushel basket. There is at least a logic to it, even if a weird way to segue from healthy activities like basket ball to healthy diet like fruits and vegetables. (what’s a word like segue that means an abrupt and jarring transition?)

5 Likes

Once a white person graduates from college the government issues us a baskets which provides unlimited food. We don’t typically put them on basketball backboards, but sometimes kids do strange things. We also get these cards that allow for unlimited withdrawal of cash from ATM’s, but that’s a different story.

3 Likes

James Naismith (from Almonte, Ontario) invented basketball and initially used peach baskets and as the game developed he cut holes in the bottom to speed up play.

8 Likes

Indeed. And I’m certain that edibles are worse than inhaled flower, resin, or oil (both old-schoold and new).

So far, my best remedy is something very salty and sour. Pickle. Or pickled egg. Or both.

2 Likes

I just made a big batch of hummus for this problem and am currently enjoying a tasty solution.

4 Likes

The closest I could get for something like segue that means an abrupt and jarring transition was morph, which by definition is not necessarily quick. The phrase ‘abrupt morph’ is similarly hard to pronounce as “rural juror.” Sudden shift?

I did learn, however, that segue has two syllables, not one. Seg-way. I had thought segue and seg-way were two different words, the latter more colloquial.

Thanks for the morning’s word investigations.

3 Likes

It wasn’t twenty years ago, was it. It was twenty minutes ago, wasn’t it - be honest. :wink:

4 Likes

Veer, I’d say.

1 Like

FYI… You replied to me, but quoted someone else.

I watched the other channel.

I am fat, but I know what an adverb is , and I can recite the preamble of the constitution.

If munchies are an issue, look for strains that are high in THCV. That is a cannabiniod that actually works as an appetite suppressant. Next time you go to your dispensary talk to your bud-tender about it. Delta 8 strains could be good too, but they will usually give a different high…

3 Likes

I wouldn’t know anything about this as pot is not legal in the South American dictatorship where I reside (Tennessee).

I would ask that you kindly excuse me from further discussions on this topic right now, because this box of Peanut Butter Panda Puffs is not going to fucking eat itself.

8 Likes

Stock your kitchen with healthy foods like fruit, nuts, kale chips, raisins etc. When you’re high, those things are actually palatable.

DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE bake a bunch of cookies and then decide “Hmm, maybe I’ll have a toke… it can’t hurt…”

Also, keep your nacho ingredients in a locked cupboard.

2 Likes

What happens when you make “special” brownies (I’m not saying brownies aren’t special in themselves)?

The more you eat, the more you want to eat?

It might never stop till you explode.

1 Like

It was a Gremlins knock-off…

20 replies in already, and no Half Baked references?

Color me ‘disappoint’:

4 Likes