In unsealed court papers, Weinstein suggested Jennifer Aniston should be killed for complaining about him

If I’m one of Weinstein’s shady ex-spies I am not killing anybody for him. There are far too many women involved with this and many of them are far too prominent to kill safely. Imagine the circus if even one of the lesser known actresses were murdered, much less Jennifer Aniston. I’d much rather keep the money coming for my general purpose threats and intimidation.

Weinstein likely thought he could bully his way through this. I mean, he appears to have done it successfully for his entire professional life.

4 Likes

Yeah, it seems like only an idiot would trust Weinstein not to rat them out if he ended up in a police interrogation room. And it certainly ought to have been obvious to everyone who knew Weinstein that it was only a matter of time before he ended up in a police interrogation room.

So that alone limits the pool of potential assassins to people who would be too stupid to be entrusted with the job.

7 Likes

I will steal this. Thank you

8 Likes

The problem with satire is that reality tends to be full of “Oh yeah? Hold my beer…” moments.

8 Likes

This puts Jennifer Aniston’s “The Morning Show” in some new contexts. Will this be in season 2?

1 Like

Actors? No way. I wouldn’t hire an actor to rebuild my kitchen. Unless they are called Harrison Ford.

7 Likes

Sign me up for your newsletter.

8 Likes

Are you calling Harrison Ford a “shady dude” – ?

Okay then, cue the Han Solo impersonators.

1 Like

Ford was a carpenter prior to his acting career taking off.

8 Likes

12 Likes

No doubt those Han Solo impersonators “did a little carpentry work, in between the Kessel run and some other stuff.”

2 Likes

That’s a common misconception stemming from an interview in which he talked about nailing a lot of things back in the late 70s.

20 Likes

21 Likes

9 Likes

you’ve put a lot of thought into this… :wink:

6 Likes
15 Likes

13 Likes

I’m white/male/mostly-cis, and I understand these issues perfectly. It goes like this: If consent is absent, KEEP YOUR GODDAMN HANDS TO YOURSELF, AND KEEP YOUR DICK IN YOUR PANTS.

10 Likes

What confuses them is the idea that other people, especially women, exist independently of them and are not there merely for their edification. They see everything/one else that is not them as existing for them or at least as adjacent to them, and have this reinforced continually by our culture. :woman_shrugging: This won’t change until our culture radical transforms and decenters the white, male, straight, Christian, cisgendered, ableist perspective for a much more broad perspective.

17 Likes

Since his confusion seems to be quite recent, I’d say he’s not actually “confused” about that - he’s still quite certain everyone else exists for his gratification; he’s actually just confused as to why his power and wealth suddenly stopped functioning as a free rein to do whatever he wanted anymore.

9 Likes