In which I talk about personal writing difficulties

If you want, I’d be willing to proofread for you.

A warning, though: on a scale from unfiltered honesty to tactfulness, I’m much closer to the former than the latter. So, if I give a lot of feedback about things that I think can be improved, that doesn’t mean I think it’s bad; if it’s that bad, I generally avoid giving feedback at all.

6 Likes

I’m struggling to think of anything that isn’t already redundant with what others have said, so I’ll just be redundant.

Creatively, I am at my most selfish when it comes to sculpture and installations. I don’t do them often. In fact, I haven’t done an installation in years. But whatever I envision, I create it solely for my own curiosity. Something that, if I were the viewer, would get my attention so fast it would feel like some other part of me saw it before my own eyes did. A gravity well for my attention.

I don’t kid myself. I like to think that whatever I create will resonate with someone else. And when that happens, it’s incredibly satisfying. But it’s never guaranteed and that’s okay. An inner vision now stands in front of me, concrete and real. And that’s an exciting feeling.

4 Likes

Again, I’m grateful you folk have been patient and listening to me.

Right now the thing is I’ve stayed angry so long i’m not sure either how to people or why people people at me.

4 Likes

Unfortunately, the only way to learn how to people better or how to deal with people peopling is to people more often yourself (but not by yourself, of course; that’s personing).

7 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 248 days. New replies are no longer allowed.