In which Laurie Penny comprehensively proves that she has Yiannopoulos's number

I think a lot of those fuckers are fools - they didn’t understand what they were getting into. They don’t grok how much the government actually does. They’re just spitting back the “gubmint took mah money” line they’ve been asked to parrot by the media they consume.

12 Likes

[Probably should read the article before commenting, shouldn’t I, but…] Is there really much “to” Yiannoupoulos? Saw him on Bill Maher for the first time. He’s almost exactly in the model of Ann Coulter. They both says something Shocking. Then, they self-consciously pause for the Reaction. They’re both 12 year-olds in ostensibly adult bodies. Best thing for them is for people to deny them the Reaction and carry on.

4 Likes

Zero pity for Milo, ZERO!

6 Likes

Not everyone on the left limits themselves to goodness and human decency.

The article is less about Milo, and more about his entourage. Even if you don’t give a shit about Milo & his supporters, its a fun read (almost reminiscent of Hitchens, for turn of phrase)

11 Likes

Bingo.

This was something I thought when I first saw those “Trump 2016, Fuck Your Feelings” t-shirts. Trump himself is emotionally weak and in constant need of validation.

Plus, the bigger irony of those shirts, all of Trump’s positions are based on how he feels about certain subjects, or how the crowds make him feel in the moment, not on any rational study of issues or data. It “feels like” America is under attack from immigrants and Muslims, so BOOM, it IS.

11 Likes

Agreed; she’s a hateful opportunist and another attention whore who will say just about anything to get noticed… but she’s still female, and gender has nothing to do with her being a terrible person.

6 Likes

Welcome to the bbs!

Are you commenting on this story, or responding to another poster? I ask only because your response seems kind of unrelated to either.

17 Likes

It sounds like pure projection to me.

Velcome to boing boing, comrade.

9 Likes

Literally.

“Seriously though,” I asked him by text on Inauguration Day,

15 Likes

I have to agree with @TooGoodToCheck_ - there are lots of threads on bOINGbOING where your comment could make sense, but this really doesn’t seem like one of them.

7 Likes

There is a certain type of internet trolley that this works on. And Mr. Yiannopoulos’ type is closely related to that species: he’s in it for the attention and the outrage. But this tactic does not work on every variety of trolley. And, more importantly in this case, it doesn’t work when they’ve evolved into driving trollies meatspace. If we could get the whole world, including his followers, to stop giving him attention, that might work, but even then there’s no guarantee.

TL;DR: That rule is not universally applicable.

13 Likes

Ahh , yes, extremists. So very extreme for wanting healthcare for themselves and their communities. EXTREME!
So very extreme for being against treating immigrants like shit because we know America is a nation of immigrants. EXTREME!
So very extreme for not wanting to pay for trump to take a vacation every weekend because we know he’s already spent $15M+ on vacation travel in 3-4 weeks when Obama spent less than $100M in 8 years. EX-FUCKEN-TREME!
So super duper extreme for being angry at people for electing a rapist who loves to linger in young women’s dressing areas, you know, for the lulz. WAY-HFS-EXTREME!

Oh but do tell me how Milo isn’t a racist bigot. It’s cool, I come here pretty often so take your time. Otherwise, I believe your ride is here:

28 Likes

And why’s that, poppet?

Come, enlighten us.

19 Likes
19 Likes

Were all special snowflakes here Merlyn. Every last one. :wink:

23 Likes

How odd; right now I’m wondering some very similar things about you, comrade.

You came into this forum seeming very upset about something; what’s wrong, pumpkin?

What’s got you so very upset that you needed to start an account to express it?

19 Likes

27 Likes

I’ll always be here to disappoint you if you need me, my dear calm, totally not obnoxious, completely reasonable person.

20 Likes

Why u so triggered by compassion, bro? Wanna talk about it?

21 Likes