In which Laurie Penny comprehensively proves that she has Yiannopoulos's number

This topic is temporarily closed due to a large number of community flags.

Let’s try this thread again, shall we!

31 Likes

I’m dying to know what point you’re trying to make with this comment. Can you please elaborate?

17 Likes

I may be a teeny bit in love with Ms. Penny.

8 Likes

Excellent question; that non sequitur came from out of nowhere.
(Intentional redundancy is intentional.)

13 Likes

Lots of people get cranky when they can never get laid, and some men act out in ways like this. Laurie Penny provides examples of the type in her account of Yianopoulos’ pathetic followers, and for all we know this mope is one of those Lost Boys who present themselves as un-PC independent-minded individualist truth seekers.

9 Likes

Walking up in this thread like…

10 Likes

“I love how the defense of the fragile extreme left is to call others weak and emotionally fragile.”

Primate employs “I know you are but what am I?” tactic.

“You’re not helping your cause when you put down anyone that disagrees with you.”

Primate makes a number of unwarranted assumptions in a single sentence:

1. Unidentified “you” has a “cause.”

2. Unidentified “you” insults anyone who disagrees with them.

3. Unidentified “you” thinks it helps to put down others who disagrees with them.

“In fact, your pompous, misled and arrogant opinions are what put Trump in office.”

Primate insults those who disagree with it.

“So thanks for that.”

Primate employs sarcasm to make its point.

“You think you can call whoever you want a racist bigot, and when they react to you calling them that, you call them weak and emotionally fragile.”

1. Primate claims to know what other people think.

2. Perhaps primate doesn’t realize that anyone can indeed call whoever they want a racist bigot, and call them weak and emotionally fragile, too.

“If you weren’t so fragile and obnoxious, a reasonable person might feel pity for you.”

1. Primate goes on to call unidentified “you” “fragile.”

2. Primate claims “fragile and obnoxious” people are not worthy of reasonable person’s pity.

“But for now the left is a sideshow of emotional, whining extremists.”

After complaining about people who insult others, primate concludes by insulting readers.

37 Likes

OT, but isn’t it interesting how “happy laughing family” brings up only photos of white families?

32 Likes

Well, there has been a lot of success with things like those spontaneous dance events and viral marriage proposal. I have several people who post from viral videos from outlets that only cover positive news. The Pay it Forward stuff is still going strong years after the movie. So, I think if there were a way to politicize that kind of “feel good” thing, yes, it could be done.

3 Likes

I’m sure he was trying to determine if you’re one of those bottle-blondes wearing a red power dress that get trotted out to speak on behalf of the Republican party on camera.

That’s gotta be it, right?

8 Likes

Sexual frustration is a very plausible cause of such apparent malcontent, for sure.

Severe low self esteem/self loathing is another; after all like kind attracts like, and it’s pretty obvious that Milo is desperately unhappy with himself.

Well, given how… impassioned that individual seemed from right out the gate; anything is possible, I suppose.

But again whenever I hear that term, I think of this;

IIRC, their story didn’t end very well, either.

Well the very calm, reasonable and not at all obnoxious poster wasn’t addressing me with that particular comment, but yes; that makes about as much sense as anything else he sputtered…

14 Likes

I had written a response on this theme but it was locked just before I posted.

I mean, yes, I do think I can do that. I could demonstrate my empirical correctness about that fact.

But, it’s not true that anyone can. Some people, whether because of language barriers, disabilities, or lack of skills/education actually can’t express the ideas they want to, or may be able to express it out loud but not in an online forum, or vice versa.

I’d like to thank this poster for reminded us all to: 1) count our blessings; and, more importantly, 2) recognize our role in making the world a more inclusive place. I’m sure that was their intent.

11 Likes

One week earlier, in Seattle, a Yiannopoulos fan shot an anti-fascist protester in the stomach.

Jeepers. That didn’t seem to get much coverage.

they are all under 20 and almost all painfully straight.

…Buh?

5 Likes

Still OT, but very relevant…I went to find a funny image for the Mystery Date thread, and the fourth link down was headed “Ugly Black People Photos”. Are there that many people searching for that specific thing?

1 Like

It gets worse

14 Likes

The problem i have when this sort of thinking comes forth is that the society which hears it will frequently subconsciously blame the acting out on the not getting laid, when it’s the individual’s reaction that’s the problem.

12 Likes

Not to mention that the acting out might be causing the not getting laid, not the other way around. Unless a whole lot of women have taken a real liking to awkward misogynist internet creeps who don’t know how to behave in the real world.

14 Likes

Mostly or overwhelmingly would be more accurate. In Rob’s screenshot the pic in the middle of the second row seems to me to be an Asian family.

6 Likes