Incel, a disturbing short film about an "involuntary celibate"

Yeah yeah. And biology doesn’t exist if it doesn’t fit your own ideas.

I’m married to a biologist , so while I might be the wrong gender to be qualified to say anything bout this /s, my source of knowledge is not too far off. There are biological differences in sex drive. It’s not so much that man have more and women less, but the libido of men and women (on average) works differently. Different hormone ratios. More Oxytocin. Less Testosterone. Historically very different consequences. All these things influence your sex drive.

Why is that a problem? Knowing this stuff can help people work out the kinks in their sex life. Of course it’s all about averages and for individuals you always have to look at the specific situations. Knowledge about averages is still useful.

Humans feel special, but they’re still just apes.

peeks into thread

sees statistics and biology being discussed

10 Likes

The actual claim would be “men want sex more than women because data”.

I am not saying it is inherently better to want sex more, quite the contrary — I think the world would be a far saner place if men wanted much less sex.

That is why the McSweeneys parody article about female incels was so hilariously incisive; women would mostly be just fine without (much) sex, and certainly many orders of magnitude less aggressive about the whole damn thing. I mean look at any violent crime stats you like, across ages, across cultures … it’s all men. Always. Every time.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.