Incel blows off own hands trying to make anti-cheerleader bomb, still a wanker

https://youtu.be/fD2briZ6fB0

I’m a contrapoints fan. I think she does a good job explaining this phenomena without glorifying it. Also she’s funny.

This ideology is so twisted. And it’s sad.

19 Likes

Thank you - I appreciate it.

7 Likes

Paraphrasing Count Rugen: “You must be that incel brat who set out to blow up some cheerleaders only to fail now? I think that’s about the worst thing I’ve ever heard.”

10 Likes

:musical_note: You put your right hand in, you pull your right hand out… You pull your right hand out… :musical_note:

Something’s wrong here. Stop the music…

14 Likes

Sweet irony. He was upset no one would fuck him, and now he can’t even fuck himself.

In the future, I wonder when people ask about his hands if he will claim a tiger ate them or something like that.

So I assume he can be charged with conspiracy to commit a terrorist act or some other similar charge. Dude needs deprogramming and put away from society for a long while.

Speaking of eating hands… reminds me of this song.

2 Likes

Not a superman after all.

5 Likes

Sounds like the bomb-making test left him stumped…

37 Likes

I don’t care. It’s regressive and infantile is what it is.

7 Likes

This is the kind of story you like to see. (But only because it’s so much better than the alternative outcome…)

4 Likes

If you find yourself saying that your teenage awkwardness can cause you to sympathize with terrorists, and you think you could have become like them quite easily… maybe the problem isn’t the awkwardness.

Once again… isn’t it funny how it only seems to be boys and men. I am sure that must be just a coincidence.

34 Likes

Countdown to the “Well, Actually…”

22 Likes

But… But… The first person to use the term “incel” was a woman! Incel apologist mic drop!

10 Likes

Someone here pointed out elsewhere that what is missing in many of these “manosphere” indivduals – much more than an ability to be socially smooth as a teenager or an adult – is a fundamental ability to empathise with others*. That tendency is only exacerbated when society raises one to accept that he (a white-presenting cis-het male) is the default that “deserves” power and to have their way.

I suspect that insight is true, and explains in part why empathy-challenged young men are attracted to the siren song of what is essentially a right-wing or alt-right movement. Conservative and reactionary and “free”-market fundamentalist ideologies in one way or another have appeal to people who have a lot of trouble putting themselves in the shoes of other people – especially those who are not exactly like them.

[* as distinct from an ability to express empathy]

31 Likes

You beat me to it, no pun intended.

1 Like

Always lovely to see locals appear on Boing Boing (never for actually good reasons, mind you).

4 Likes

As a wanker in every sense of the word, I really resent being lumped in with this guy.

16 Likes

If you haven’t tried to blow anybody up then you’re probably not a total wanker, so don’t worry.

19 Likes

Incels are not a community of sad men that reflect a societal problem with loneliness; they’e a community of violent misogynists that reflect a societal problem with sexism & sexual entitlement.

— Jessica Valenti (@JessicaValenti) May 3, 2018

Matthew Ezzell, a sociologist at James Madison University, cautioned that while the incel belief system might seem like it’s all just rooted in self-loathing, it’s really not.

“Although some self-identified ‘incels’ assert that the nihilistic views of ‘the black pill’ are what connect them, and not overt misogyny or alt-right beliefs,” he told Vox in an email, “notice the misogynistic basis of the worldview”:

“Success” with women is defined as sexual conquest; men are presented as being entitled to sex with women, but being thwarted by the next point; women are presented as fundamentally materialistic and shallow, only attracted to physicality and beauty and nothing else; feminism is presented as the source of the problem; men are understood to be the “real” victims.

36 Likes

queen-elizabeth-this

Jessica Valenti is awesome-sauce.

23 Likes

Would this piece of shit have to be dead to be entitled to a Darwin Award, or dropping near to zero the already low odds to reproduce himself would suffice?

3 Likes