Increasingly strange Marjorie Taylor Greene blames tampon shortage on trans people

If they’re being used by people who need tampons- the net amount used is the same.

If one bathroom isn’t being stocked as heavily- you have more left to stock the one that is getting more use.

Overall usage hasn’t changed. I’m fact - because trans men generally need fewer when starting transition and often none afterwards- the existence of trans people means there’s more tampons available for cis women.

And manly men who get into altercations and have nose bleeds or bullet wounds.

16 Likes

I don’t think it is enough for any sort of impact.

1. Stocking tampons in more than one bathroom isn’t suddenly new.

2. Existing stock would have been split into the two bathrooms, After that, the replenishment rate would be the same.

3. In the event that one bathroom stock was low and the other full, it could have been moved over if needed.

4. The vast majority of tampons aren’t the ones supplied in bathrooms, but bought by people in their own homes or to take with them. So extra bathroom stock isn’t even the majority of users.

5. It kicks down on a marginalized group - either trans women out of ignorance, or trans men out of - well ignorance again. Whether a person transitions or not, doesn’t change the total number of people who needs tampons. *

6. The real problem is the fucked up supply chain pretty much every industry is struggling with right now.

*Possible exceptions were it would actually reduce tampon use.

7 Likes

kurt cobain shut up GIF

9 Likes

That’s right. They’re good to use in gash wounds in a pinch like gun shot wounds where the padding was originally used in field hospitals. Nurses found an interesting secondary use for them helping launch a brand new industry after the war.

1 Like

It’s the Trumpian way of making an argument. It doesn’t have to make sense. It just has to be a word salad with all the right keywords in it, blaming the “right people” for any problems.

Or against rational thought, decency, the English language…

Yeah, impossible things are newsworthy, but then you also have the problem that no one would believe it.

4 Likes

New Girl Facepalm GIF by HULU

11 Likes

Again, if my workplace is any sort of measure, the “free” products being stocked in public bathrooms are not the higher quality products we buy at the pharmacy/grocery store. The higher quality products are the ones in short supply.

Initially, I chalked up the scarcity to the temporary popularity of diva cups (believe me, that won’t last as we’re all being dragged back into our offices), but problems getting goods shipped from the other side of the world instead of from within the US checks out in our Late Stage Capitalism hellscape. And FYI - this shortage started at the end of 2020. This isn’t an abstract debate issue for me and most other women of “child bearing” age, it’s our lived reality.

13 Likes

No, she was absolutely not referring to trans men, because she specifically used the word “men”. To Marjorie Taylor Greene, a trans man is a woman, and a trans woman is a man. She would NEVER refer to a trans man as a man. Ever. So she was talking about trans women. She has referred to trans women as men every time she talks about trans anything. She’s imagining that trans women are using tampons as part of our “pretending to be women” thing.

13 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.