Indescribable video clip

Damn. I should probably start watching anime again.

Man, what the hell happened in Japan?

Can’t have been Fukushima, way too recent. But something similar, except with probably some sort of Lovecraftian ectoplasm instead of radioactive contamination.

Aw, mang, I liked Rubber.

This movie is awesome. I used to work at a video store and would trick friends into renting it. One coworker described it as watching someone flip through a bunch of alien TV channels. I like to think of it as two hours of feeling incrementally more uncomfortable.

The Happiness of the Katakuris (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Happiness_of_the_Katakuris) by Takashi Miike is in a pretty similar vein, although maybe slightly less weird.

1 Like

Some how I managed to do that. I had no recollection of this clip - until I watched it again. Suddenly it all came rushing back.

Big screen? Awesome!

Pedant is a pedant.

PTSD works like that sometimes.

1 Like

Sweet Weeping Jesus on the Cross!!!

I am deeply ashamed of myself for watching the whole thing.
And I KNOW that I’m going to Hell for enjoying it.

THIS should be the plot of the new Star Wars movie.

4 Likes

This thing at least had sympathetic characters that held the story well.

2 Likes

The most epic, most important film in the history of filmmaking. Ever.

Yes, it is…that clip looks like it’s from Funky Forest…

I made it through 1:31, and was reasonably entertained, but somehow found myself thinking “okay, enough for now.”

I always think of the mindsets of the actors and offstage crew who film these things. What do you suppose they talk about around the Craft Service table?

1 Like

I feel like my trust has been broken. I have just been effectively Goatse’d! This post should have a warning on it, at least a NSFW, which it is not. I have been reading BoingBoing since the 90’s and never have I been abused by you like that. You have broken trust after more than 15 years. I hope you are ashamed.

1 Like

‘‘Are they really expecting us to eat this now?’’

1 Like

I apologize for my prolapse in judgment.

6 Likes

~twas a gaping oversight.

I was thinking more a joint effort between Waters and Cronenberg.

I wish you guys would stop these cracks.

2 Likes