Infinite Elizabeth Holmes

One thing I couldn’t reproduce was the pixelation in the original – which actually gives the skin (integument? hide? carapace?) a realistic look. I used a median filter to get a minor edge-preserving blur. Other than that, I have no idea what’s going on, other than uncanny valley mixed with revulsion.

ETA: Having one eye makes me think the eye is first the right eye, then the left eye, and so on, so maybe it’s a brain pattern-matching thing that is getting confused.

2 Likes

10 Likes

Should have made the eye bigger.

8 Likes

Maybe, in place of the eye, a single round red indicator light? Then the fake voice and lack of affect make more sense.

3 Likes

I keep waiting for her to cry a drop of blood…

6 Likes

Her dancing to MC Hammer in that documentary was way more horrific.

No… Teletubby. :scream:

3 Likes

I have no idea what the documentary is able to figure out about her (alas, my days of watching more than 30 minutes of home improvement shows a night is over until the Ratel kit is at least in kindergarten), but she never really looked like the stock gleeful sociopath (c.f. pharma-bro, most of the presidents on my lifetime) to me.

Honestly, she mostly struck me as resigned and tired.

1 Like

Hey girl!

6 Likes

Well, now all I see is Shannen Doherty, or Alfred E. Neuman.

4 Likes

5 Likes

2 Likes

Hmmm… an update to a classic:

All right, Mr. DeMille, I’m ready for my close-up.

1 Like

HypnoHolmes?
No, you win, the original eyes are more effective.

5 Likes

Her appearance seems like the elephant in the room, to me. The big forehead, neotenous features, blond hair… I seriously doubt she could have done so much damage if (male) investors and regulators didnt find her physically attractive.

Call it the Phryne defense. The culture hasn’t outgrown this nonsense in all this time.

1 Like

As far as her appearance is concerned i thought the most striking thing was the use of a ring light in every dumb PR shot…
Note to everyone, avoid using ring lights as a ‘catch light’, except in very rare circumstances.

1 Like
1 Like

I was fortunate enough to see the documentary on the big screen last night.
It was fascinating to see her transformation from (arguably) smartest person in the room, to scam artist, to straight up comic book villain/religious cult leader.

3 Likes

Eh, dumber and uglier people have done worse…

I think she looks like she could Haldir’s sister.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/prof_gabriele/status/1109263380597145600?s=21

(from Wiki)

3 Likes