Influencer pollutes Grand Canyon with golf balls and club

Originally published at: Influencer pollutes Grand Canyon with golf balls and club | Boing Boing

4 Likes

Seriously, can you get more stupid and selfish?

Aren’t those two characteristics essential to become a social media “influencer”?

27 Likes

I would have said “Republican candidate” for the epitome of stupid and selfish.

9 Likes

As if there hasn’t been enough land ruined and polluted by turning it into a golf course.

19 Likes

Well, she really influenced those park officials with that video.

(and props to @snigs for that comment - I’m with you there 100%)

6 Likes

Why is golf & assholiness synonymous? That was rhetorical…

14 Likes

What to do about it? Maybe a Grand Canyon Swan Dive Challenge? Who’s first?

6 Likes

a contest to see who can run from the rim farthest into the air, a la Wyle E. Coyote

7 Likes

Yes. Yuuuuugely.

6 Likes

God, I hate people who litter so much. Doubly so when they leave refuse in places they visited specifically to enjoy the natural splendor.

It’s like visiting the Louvre and unashamedly taking a shit in the middle of one of the galleries just because you’re too lazy to find a restroom.

10 Likes

Christ, what an asshole.
It’s bad enough people polluting the oceans by doing these shitty golf photo ops, but this…she clearly didn’t even know anything about the area.
People live down there, you know?

9 Likes

She should be sentenced to go and retrieve the golf balls and club, then 160 hours of national park community service.

Maybe that’ll help “influence” people to treat nature and our national parks with respect.

13 Likes

Seriously, can you get more stupid and selfish?

Yes.

8 Likes

I like that suggestion - one refinement, that she’s only allowed to bring one ball back each time from the bottom of the canyon.

10 Likes

The GC is such an amazing natural wonder that EVERYONE should see it if they’re able. Fuck this “influencer”! Side note: I’ve hated that term since the first time I heard it.

4 Likes

Influencer pollutes Grand Canyon with golf balls and club every fucking thing they touch?

3 Likes

Now THAT is what I call ART!

3 Likes

Some galleries and museums have been known to offer themselves as venues for performance art. :wink:

WHY DIDN’T I LOOK UP BEFORE POSTING!!

2 Likes

Someday she’ll be walking along, and from behind her, a distant “Fore!”

3 Likes

Ah, a Piero Manzoni fan I see.

3 Likes