[video] Woman faces charges for hitting a golf ball and throwing a golf club into the Grand Canyon

Originally published at: [video] Woman faces charges for hitting a golf ball and throwing a golf club into the Grand Canyon | Boing Boing

3 Likes

Reboing:

7 Likes

Consider launching her from the same point with a trebuchet

3 Likes

Many (many) years ago my family was walking through a trail in the Smokey Mountains. In a shelter I saw several, uh, assholes (even at my tender age) had carved their names/initials in the wooden seats and supports. Still in my mind I still hear my older brother say., “Fools names and monkey faces are carved in public paces.” Since then I’ve had a sense of disgust for those who deface public things.

8 Likes

12 Likes

Baird said each charge could merit a fine of up to $1,000 but that it is “unlikely she will be facing jail time.”

So fines of a few thousand dollars. I’m assuming that TikTok paid her at least that much so not much punishment.

4 Likes

What is the misfire in “influencer’s” brains that makes them think they’re the centre of the universe, and everything else only exists to be content for them?

6 Likes

I don’t know, but we better quickly develop a way to identify and repair it.

7 Likes

I’d imagine a hefty fine is at least two more videos they can post and make some more cash off of

2 Likes

It couldn’t be the notion of white privilege, could it? Pretty, white, blond women aren’t held to those standards, are they? On the other hand, I may have offended some and get this post pulled.

3 Likes

Still a better business move than buying Twitter.

1 Like

wouldn’t a more fitting punishment would be to simply require her to retrieve the golf balls and club?

6 Likes

Many on here would agree, and then defend Banksy?

I don’t get it.

We really need to be assessing fines as a factor of wealth in the legal system

3 Likes

Banksy doesn’t deface natural landmarks or national monuments. Most people tend to agree the places where he creates his art are more interesting after he does his thing than they were before. Absolutely no one thinks the Grand Canyon was improved by the addition of some stray golf balls and a discarded club.

13 Likes

Is there anything stupid, dangerous and obnoxious enough that no influencer would ever do it to get views / clicks / followers? No there isn’t.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.