Insane Clown Posse and ACLU sue FBI over calling juggalos a gang

This is one of those times I applaud the ACLU for defending someone I don’t actually like. Juggalos may be annoying and immature, and also have ruined my favorite cheap childhood pop, but they are not a gang.

Also, those laws are bullshit anyway and should be repealed. Go ACLU!

12 Likes

Whoa. Wikipedia has a regular Juggalo page and then a page specific to Juggalos as a gang: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Juggalos_(gang)

It asserts that 10-15% of Juggalos are criminals, some with ties to the Bloods and Crips.

“According to the National Gang Intelligence Center, there are more than one million self-proclaimed Juggalos across the United States. It is estimated that 85–90% of self-described Juggalos are peaceful, non-criminal music fans. The other 10–15% make up the Juggalo subculture’s criminal element, which has been linked to numerous crimes including extortion, murder, domestic terrorism, drive-by shootings, drug trafficking, arson, burglary, home invasion, armed robbery, aggravated assault, and weapon offenses, and has been documented collaborating with a wide array of street and prison gangs.[3][5][6][8]”

Most of the references seem to come from National Gang Intelligence Center and sites like publicintelligence.net.

1 Like

Albeit mobile.

Wait, you can’t join the military if you were in a gang in your youth? I don’t understand the logic behind this rule.

What if someone wanted to get their act together and get their life straightened out by joining the military? I am in no way advocating joining the military is a smart way to do that necessarily, but I come from a small town where lots of folks did exactly that. Life in tatters, they join the military for a reboot.

Also, good on them for fighting it. What a ridiculous categorization.

Deadheads have been a target for a long time; for some reason police think that a van with Deadhead stickers on it obviously needs to be searched for drugs.

The ACLU Card - Don’t Leave Home Without It.

1 Like

10-15% of anyone are criminals, pretty much.

9 Likes

F*****g civil rights, how do they work?

6 Likes

Wait, are they going to appear in court wearing their face paint? THAT is just asking for a contempt of court charge.

Aren’t Juggalos the Jar Jar Binks of hiphop fandom?

2 Likes

They themselves will likely rarely be there. Being 1% multi-millionaires they’ll have a small army of well dressed lawyers to argue for them.

If they can manage it, they will show up in suits and whiteface for at least press opportunities as they do know how to milk PR.

In L.A. at least, Insane Clown Posse is a quite violent and organized street gang with a nasty reputation.

Much hinges on this, little as I dislike and loathe “jugalos” and their “culture” there are serious questions of freedom involved here.

Well, otherwise how would the FBI recognise them?

The juggalos aren’t classy enough to be a gang.

You respect people who throw their own shit at entertainers, do you?

Does that respect extend to bored monkeys in zoos who fling their own shit at passersby?

They could change their name to Posse Riot…

1 Like

No, I only respect people who fling their feces at Tila Tequila. All people of good taste should.

You forgot Tom-Tom Club.

Wait–what are we doing?

1 Like

If that’s the minimum percentage of criminals a group needs to be declared a gang, I suspect both houses of congress are going to end up on the watchlist in short order…

6 Likes

Let’s examine the problems with that statement:

1. It’d be hard to find any people of good taste at an ICP show.

2. People of good taste don’t fling shit.

Yawn. The only thing more pointless than arguing over flinging shit at Tila Tequila is Tila Tequila. Well done, sir or madam.

1 Like

Here I was, hoping your first post was snark.