Inside Edition report: Trump International Hotel and other NYC hotels aren't changing bedsheets between guests

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/07/02/inside-edition-report-trump-i.html

10 Likes

40 Likes

The best, really the most elegant and luxurious bedding. Believe me.

28 Likes

Oh ew…

13 Likes

Which category? Why not just say they are false then explain how Inside Edition was able to do this?

13 Likes

Pretty much NONE of them wash the comforters. They always got ripped off the bed when traveling with my wife.

12 Likes

To paraphrase a joke from the communist era: They pretend to pay the cleaners and the cleaners pretend to work.

38 Likes

This just in: overworked underpaid housekeeping staff cut corners to meet unrealistic management expectations.

The hell of it is that the result of this investigation will be people at the bottom getting fired. No management will suffer for this in the long term.

52 Likes

Yep. That fits with the, “I want it done right and I want it done fast,” trope from so-called “managers.”

Responding with,“That’s genius! You should write management books,” is best done with resume in hand.

15 Likes

Funny to consider that Inside Edition is where Bill O’Reilly got his start, before he moved on to Fox News, which became the trump campaign’s house organ. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_Jd-xhYygk

6 Likes

Exactly this. The only fallout will be some abused and underpaid staff getting the axe and a stream of upward-directed reports all indicating that “the problem has been dealt with”. What won’t happen is anything actually changing in their procedures or policies or rates of pay or literally anything else, because as we all know, “the problem is the troublemaker, not the underlying issue”.

I have long suspected a great many hotels of doing this, and as such I generally try to avoid hotels when at all possible. But even were everyone to boycott hotels until they were nearly driven into the ground, the hotels wouldn’t actually make any substantive changes to any of their problematic policies because those very policies are so foundationally fundamental that they are taken for inviolable tenets of the business.

There are glaring comparisons to be made between that status quo and so much of our national status quo. Hotels and so many other businesses all focused exclusively on “delivering shareholder value” are literally eating us from the inside out like the flesh-eating viruses they are. At this point those at the very top have realized that even with all the money in the world there isn’t an escape, and so their continuing massive cash grabs are simply to sustain them in conditions of luxuriant obliviousness until they die.

We. Are. So. Very. Fucked.

17 Likes

b9d4b579
Now, pick two

14 Likes

Blame it on illegal aliens.

3 Likes

Like boss, like employee?

This is pretty nasty. I’m grateful I don’t have to travel at the moment.

The question I took away from this report is that, if they aren’t changing the sheets during a pandemic, what were they doing up until now?

18 Likes

I really didn’t want to learn this.

5 Likes

I have long been mystified by people who buy RVs and use them while traveling, instead of booking hotels. Now I see they might have a point. I’m not the cleanest person, but I wash my frickin’ sheets. Eugh.

14 Likes

I am never going to travel again.

1 Like

It’s bad enough that the other hotels don’t change their bedsheets between guests. Rumor has it that Trump hotels get Russian hookers to pee on the sheets between guests.

3 Likes

I’ve personally tested every room -Donald Trump.

3 Likes

[barfemoji]!!!

3 Likes