The New York Times building has a bedbug infestation on every floor

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/08/26/the-new-york-times-building-ha.html

4 Likes

Nope, not suspicious at all.

7 Likes

9 Likes

What, pray tell, is a wellness room?

2 Likes

trump will have a field day, not only fake news but now they’re bugged.

5 Likes

On a related note: Never piss off an exterminator, they have ready access and the skills to handle this most awful of insects.

A small, in house gym. A few treadmills, ellipticals, stationary bikes, etc. Some dumbbells, a weight machine with multiple stations. A few yoga mats, etc.

3 Likes

I don’t care about every floor. Just tell me that David Brooks is getting bitten right now.

18 Likes

I’d agree, except that BoBo would take the occasion to write yet another piece on what a moral paragon he is for enduring this (also implying that the infestation is the result of filthy liberals and progressives).

9 Likes

“Our forefathers would never have imagined that our social contract would be thrown away so cavalierly by those more interested in the gewgaws of Taylor Swift releases and intrusive videos of sloth brunches, that we would come to the point where those of us in the strictly normative middle class would be repelled from the upholstery of one of our three Limited Edition LandRovers (nothing electric on this budget, thank you) simply to avoid getting bit by a blood-siphoning insect underclass uninterested in the social peace we all once shared…”

19 Likes

I was under the impression that NYC was infested with bedbugs. I fail to see how this corner of it is news.

5 Likes

That’s … disturbingly … accurate.

13 Likes

They’re are several Trump properties who’ve had reports of them, so he might be coy with this story.

2 Likes

All jokes aside I’m surprised this hasn’t historically been more of an issue for them. Between the general bedbug issue in the city and reporters cycling in and out from all over the planet, they have a lot of opportunities for exposure.

10 Likes

Eww. That sounds like a place I would go to feel sore and judged, not feel well.

1 Like

Metaphor alert

1 Like

Blaming Susan Sarandon for this in 3…2…1…

2 Likes

Funny, I would have expected them to keep Op-Ed together on a single floor.

8 Likes

Nice mix of active and passive voice. If only the author worked for an organization of professional writers who knew proper grammar.

7 Likes

Does your experience in the last five years suggest that Trump will be coy with this story?

8 Likes