Instagram bans RFK Jr over vaccine conspiracy theories

Originally published at: Instagram bans RFK Jr over vaccine conspiracy theories | Boing Boing

8 Likes

tenor

23 Likes

I’m still annoyed this CHUD was a graduation week speaker at my college. This was forever ago when his full ooze wasn’t noticeable, of course.

5 Likes

Good. That’s a start. There are so many still spreading FUD all across the internet, but this is one.

8 Likes

Yet another instance of “too late”. I’m glad this woo peddler riding on a famous name is gone, but he’s spent years doing damage thanks to FB’s various platforms.

8 Likes

Maybe powerful people and organizations like Twitter and Instragram are realizing that the pandemic isn’t going to be over as soon as they’d liked because of anti-science douchebags like RFK Jr.

Conspiracy theories might be a boon for some businesses (the gun industry) but stopping people from getting the COVID vaccine is bad for business in general.

9 Likes

The only nice thing about the popularity of antivaxx and other anti-biomedical science views among Trumpists is that it may finally get the left to stop tolerating their own like RFK jr. who have long held such views.

1 Like

Oh, thank dog. He is one of the worst, if not the worst anti-vaxxer. Obviously, Wakefield is the evil soul of this movement, but with RFK Jr’s name recognition and the goodwill he legitimately earned with Riverkeeper, his voice carries a lot more authority. Here in the Hudson Valley, the Venn diagram of Riverkeeper supporters and anti-vaxxers is nearly a circle. His work was specifically predatory toward a subset of mid- to high-income progressives who have the spare time and social impact to really make this bullshit spread like wildfire.

Edited to add the “Jr” as I wouldn’t want people confusing him with the bridge.

6 Likes

Which way is the wind blowing today, Zuck?

Its policies are a creaking weathervane, rusted out by political calculation, and its executives simply supplicate to whatever forces they currently fear.

2 Likes

Good riddance!

3 Likes

In case anyone was wondering what this asshole and his buddies are doing to earn this, here is a pretty deep dive:

Misuse of the VAERS database: An old antivax deception repackaged to spread fear of COVID-19 vaccines - RESPECTFUL INSOLENCE

(ORAC is nothing is not thorough in his deconstruction of his victims.)

7 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.