Instagram celeb weirded out by follower who matched all her shots

so it really is some sort of celeb worship thing - I thought for sure it was an art project. I mean I would do that as an art project.

hmm, actually I should get to work on my next art project blog - bonkbonk.net. it’s based on my love of that old star trek episode where all the kids say bonk, bonk. I’m going to post a lot of bananapunk, and steam, and stuff about copies.

5 Likes

Bait. Just BAIT. Net games, just please don’t add fuel to crud like this man, or it will be ever more everywhere…

1 Like

I suppose my cynicism is showing here, but I think the whole thing is staged, and the copycat is probably a friend of (or at the very least, hired by) the original Instagrammer. What better way to go viral?

3 Likes

I’d probably read that… still trying to figure out how that reflects on me, though.

Has to be a hoax. Had to be. Nobody would do this.

3 Likes

Wow, what an invasion of privacy…

This person mimicked publicly posted photos, encouraging people to travel, that detailed publicly accessible exact locations…

Now, if the OP had posted some “staycation” pics, and a month later, the copycat was posting pics from inside the house! (cue spooky music), yeah, that would be a problem.

3 Likes

I see this as harmless fun, if lines were crossed i’d have an issue, but this is simply recreating what is already public to start with.

Also, is it just me or is the copycat doing a better job with the photos?

3 Likes

déjà vouché :+1:

1 Like

I’m creeped out by the idea that there’s such a thing as an “Instagram power couple”.

6 Likes

well it wasn’t like i was totally planning on asking you to be a power couple anyway!

:sob::astonished::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.