Instagram influencer says photos of her motorcycle accident were not staged and did not include product placement

I wanted to watch the procedure.

16 Likes

Morbid curiosity was my second guess; but somehow, I tend to doubt the woman in the accident had the same motives.

6 Likes

Agreed. As incongruous as “laughing with salad”, I’d say.

7 Likes

For me, the most implausible thing in this is that a not-seriously-injured motorcyclist didn’t immediately get up to check that their bike was okay.

After my only serious crash, the sequence was roughly “oh shit, here we go” -> wiggle toes to make sure that my spine isn’t broken -> “my bike! Waaah!”.

16 Likes

Maybe if the bike was parked and they toppled off?

5 Likes

See now there you go assuming! :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

:wink:

The pretty package doesn’t always have the smart option included. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Isn’t there a Ray Bradbury story about that? A group of people show up at accident sites and “helpfully” move the victim before the paramedics arrive, causing him/her to die.

2 Likes

mmmmm… water.

The water from the holy grail itself- now THATS product placement :rofl:

Immediately after the word selfie came about I started thinking how stupid and annoying that sounded and wished people would stop saying it

Instagram influencer is even more annoying than selfie

Can we please stop saying this phrase it is incredibly stupid

3 Likes

Just noted the severe ‘graze wound’ on her shoulder in one pic while her top’s strap is perfectly sitting right in the middle of the graze and not having the slightest sign of dirt or stress.

She might not have a contract with that company, but that isn’t the answer to the question if this is staged.
I don’t buy it. Am I prejudicing, but this Insta-Influenza scene is not trustworthy at all. Reason the whole marketing model will crash soon.
To bad nodody can access the pictures in higher quality.

1 Like

No legitimate airhead rider wears that little gear.

5 Likes

These photos are soooo obviously staged. #wrecklife #blessed

3 Likes

Hmm. Clothes completely intact aside from pre-existing fake rips in pants for fashion purposes, visible injuries (if any) conveniently completely obscured by tattoos, water bottle logo perfectly facing camera, attended to by a GQ model, helmet changes colors… oh! The left strap of her overalls came undone when she slid across the road! Wait, no, it was already like that in the totally spontaneous and not at all rehearsed and re-rehearsed picture of her laughing beforehand.

I’m not saying it’s impossible for it to be real. A large problem with the world today is that people never stop to think “what if I’m wrong?”, which transforms a lot of what they see as merely strong convictions into monstrous behavior if they do happen to be wrong. But I can say that, real or not, I don’t particularly care about a mildly-injured narcissist who can’t be bothered to wear proper safety gear and posts their accident as some kind of shallow, virtue-signaling, self-absorbed affirmation.

1 Like

Yeah, I don’t particularly care that the images of the “wreck” are so obviously staged. Marketing has always been a euphemism for lying to sell overpriced crap to gullible people. Getting outraged about that now is several thousand years too late.

But it is somewhat irresponsible to demonstrate dangerously incorrect first aid to an audience some of whom won’t know better than to emulate that if they’re in an actual first aid situation, particularly if you’re sticking to the lie that it was a real first aid situation.

5 Likes

Her bike deserves better.

2 Likes

If you want to advertise bottled water, its better to climb a mountain.

or go in a high end Italian restaurant, even better.

2 Likes

So what is all the fuzz about exactly? That people making money from sharing moments of their lives, dramatize that same life to keep followers interested?
And someone „followed up“ that „story“ on Twitter and „confirmed“ everything was as they said ?
And now that “story” ended up on a well known site like BB?
So basically everything happened according to the (nonexistent) influencer marketing handbook?
If they only had simply taken a photo of that person drinking from that bottle sitting on the motorbike, hair perfectly styled, body perfectly posed, sunlight perfectly directed - I would never have heard of that person ever and wouldn’t procrastinate as I’m right now writing this.
Fakers gonna fake.

Smartwater: “Well she’s not getting paid for that.”