Instagram influencer says photos of her motorcycle accident were not staged and did not include product placement

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/08/20/instagram-influencer-says-phot.html

1 Like

product-placement

38 Likes

Maybe she should endorse a jacket and some pants that don’t have holes in them!
Seriously folks, wear your safety gear. The road is basically a big grater and you’re the cheese.

33 Likes

hmm…

for having slid on her left side, those jeans don’t seem very dirty or torn any more than the before image…
Plus that road rash on her shoulder seems not very road rashy; the lack of actual seeping blood seems to make me quite doubtful…
8ball

23 Likes

Stop stop stop.
You’re just giving her the attention she aimed for in the first place.
Turn your back, do not investigate any further.

8 Likes

Wrecking a motorcycle sucks. I’ve done it a couple times so far. Neither time did I look quite so well put together afterward. “Languid” is the word that comes to mind. #blessed_I_guess

Welcome to the internet, where it… never… stops.

12 Likes

Tossing your bike & body in the dirt to sell some bottled water? I’m a strong maybe on that…

6 Likes

She “documented” the “accident”

@frauenfelder; there, fixed that for you.

14 Likes

I’m feeling so… influenced.

10 Likes

Or “laying down on the pavement for some dramatically posed compositions to sell some bottle water” at any rate. I don’t see any indication she actually laid her bike down though, gently or otherwise.

8 Likes

Come on, can’t we just give her the benefit of the doubt?

[note sarcasm]

5 Likes

She did not fall off a motorcycle wearing that and come away with only some black smudges on her skin.

15 Likes

Yeah, it’s horse shit, ain’t two ways about it.

11 Likes

it’s hard to believe that in the age of trump people STILL do not realize ALL marketing is lying ALL the time because there is zero penalty for doing so, just sit and watch TV or Youtube commercials sometime and every time something is uttered, say to yourself “hmm is that a lie and/or incomplete truth” and you are probably right

now worry about what’s in your food and medicine because you assume that’s being regulated but it’s unfunded and self-reported by industry so, nope!

4 Likes

Roger That!

1 Like

Clearly you underestimate the miraculous healing power of Smartwater®.

31 Likes

For what it’s worth, the most prominent object in the photos is a helmet, and that has no brand on it showing. If I was going to stage cycle accident photos for fun and profit, I would make sure the helmet brand was highly visible.

1 Like

You’re both confusing a tattoo for something else.

The tattoo is in the “before” picture, so it has nothing to do with what she says happened. You made an assumption.

You mean the smudges?

1 Like

Maybe they’re fishing for a new sponsor.

14 Likes