Instagram influencer says photos of her motorcycle accident were not staged and did not include product placement

I would also note the removed helmet.
Unless you are an EMT do not even think about removing the helmet from the cyclist lying down.

15 Likes

HA HA HA! You make me laugh!

1 Like

Sexiest. Accident. Ever.

She’s got far too much (sexy!) skin left. Flag on the play!

2 Likes

She is showing too much skin for road rash.

She definitely should be a few ounces lighter, as well as the bike.

1 Like

This is not a good advertisement for Smartwater, because it clearly did not work for her.

12 Likes

I relish my status as a non-influencer.

(There! That’ll get me noticed.)

2 Likes

No one made an assumption. There is a large black smudge over the tattoo in the crash photos. She even name dropped the tattoo artist in her post, saying that the artist may have to fix the tattoo.

7 Likes

I have stopped at motorcycle wrecks to give first aid and do whatever is necessary. How in hell did those water bottles end up upright and not strewn across the site of the wreck? Physics says they would have gone flying.

Her road rash is not bloody enough (that sort of dark bruising takes a while to develop). If she had really dropped her bike wearing that outfit, she should have lost half the skin on that side of her body. And most of the skimpy top as well.

7 Likes

Nothing in those photos look like a fresh road rash, and I’ve had my share. Also it doesn’t look like the helmet she is holding in the first photo (looks like a 3/4) is in any of the other photos (both full). Maybe she fell over standing still.

1 Like

My partner wonders why no one was holding C-Spine and doing the other necessary actions to prevent further injury.

4 Likes

I’ve been in a couple of lying-in-the-road accidents before, but only on my bicycle, not on my motorcycle (Yay low center of gravity!).

Just anecdotally, I was thrown end-over at a slow pace, probably 4-5 feet high, and for such slow momentum, I was rashed up pretty good, making holes and tearing my clothing. I believe she fell off, but I doubt the severity of the accident.
As for the water, I believe it was supplied out of happenstance, but probably “arranged” by the photographer? People were offering me drinks while I was waiting for the ambulance and backboard.

3 Likes

Me too. How can I have my own (fake) motorcycle accident?

1 Like

I dumped a motorcycle going about 10 mph, and ended up bleeding even though I was wearing a helluva lot more gear than this influencer was. This is shenanigans.

8 Likes

Yeah; she’s getting moved around a fair bit by the (very coincidentally very photogenic) guy). Possible head/spine injury! Do not move from the original position!

6 Likes

I’m not holding out for a moral awakening in this case; but it seems to me that having the first response to your motor vehicle accident be “you must be faking it for attention and/or ill-disclosed sponsorship cash” might make you reconsider what it is you do.

I can’t say that I disagree with the general assessment; it’s a curiously photogenic accident oddly well attended by calm, photographic assistance; and no blood, shock, or unseemly pain displays; but I’d think that having the response be “It’s influencer filth: back away and trust nothing it says!” would give someone with vaguely normal social instincts pause.

2 Likes

The road trip did start out that way. I think it was pretty much going to look this photogenic for any event along the way, due to one participant being a photographer who is friends with an influencer.

1 Like
1 Like

I’m not saying it’s staged… I just know that I wouldn’t want to take pics after a crash, even if I were as miraculously unscathed as the blogger in question seems to be.

2 Likes

When I cracked my head open (figuratively) at 12 years old, with 12 stitches the old-fashioned way, shaved forehead and all, I was practically begging for a mirror during the procedure. No dice, though.

6 Likes

You wanted to see how bad the damage was?

If so, that’s understandable.

3 Likes