Instagram reactivates The Nude Blogger's account

I don’t see how that could possibly be implied in what I said. What I do see that implying is that the terms of service were available for all to see, that they clearly state what happens when to kind of content she posted, and that it shouldn’t come as a suprise or a shock when it does.

I can see you’re reading a lot into what I wrote that simply isn’t there - I understand this may be an issue you are passionate about and that this discussion has become somewhat charged for you, possibly that someone else has said something similar and implied that this is what they meant, but I have made no statements that blame the user for the content of the ToS, imply the ToS are morally correct, made any moral judgement of my own on the content she posted or implied her criticism of the company is in any way unjustified, unfounded or incorrect.

You yourself recognise that a company is allowed to enforce decency standards on it’s hosting service. Whether those decency standards are correct… well, that’s a whole pile of religious moralistic anachronisms from… I can’t count that many centuries back in this heat, so let’s just say “a long time” and leave it at that, but unfortunately it’s still the accepted norm in many countries around the world and neither you, me, her or Instagram are really in any position to enact any kind of change movement here, so a prolonged discussion about it would be a waste of time and let’s just nod and realise we’re preaching to the choir and move on already.

Just quickly, I think you may not have picked up on the significance of the “duh” after the two points I originally made. Think of it as an exhasperated expression that this was bound to happen, has already happened a number of times, and will continue to happen as long as people don’t read / push the boundaries of ToS rules of privately operated services with no guarantee of expressive freedom. I guess that went a little over your head, but given “duh” is usually used flippantly, I totally get that :wink:

And now I must go hug a lonely, neglected kitty who has been waiting for a fuss on the couch in the other room for ages while I redrafted this about 8 times and… GAH! Damn you Internet conversation confusion! Damn you for depriving t3h k177135 of their rightful purriness! DAMN YOUSE ALL TO HELLLLL!!! snore… snore…

1 Like

Okay, well I was under the impression that she was irate with Instagram, not surprised at them. Maybe I’m in error. I concur that there’s nothing surprising about it.

Honestly, this year has left me in a foul mood, and now my state’s coping with the worst natural disaster in it’s living memory. As I said, I regretted the combativeness in which I addressed you and others in my first aggregate post.

My reading of the tone of the thread may have caused me to read your comment less generously than I would otherwise have.

Okay, it seems we had a misunderstanding. I did originally read the duh as being that she should have known better, when I saw no indication she was anything other than merely angry. Thank you for clarifying your position.

Cat time is always the right answer :slightly_smiling_face:

Peace.

1 Like

So the cats keep telling us :wink:

1 Like

Not exactly comparable but it’s the first example I’ve seen since this thread started:

I’m sure if I report this I’ll get an answer back in a few days telling me it’s fine.

EDIT: In fact, I did report it. We’ll see in a day or two. Hopefully I’ll have an answer before this thread closes in 2 days.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.