Instant ramen recalled for being too spicy

:thinking:

As in Funkadelic, or as in British legislature?

21 Likes

From here: article on country temperature correlated to spiciness.

8 Likes

I used to be like that, but as I get older, I seem to be losing my ability to tolerate super spicy stuff. I mean, I can tolerate it fine on eating it. It’s once it hits my stomach that I start having trouble.

15 Likes

Yep, that can happen as the body changes.

8 Likes

I just saw this brand at the smaller Asian market near me. Though not liking hot stuff, I didn’t even consider it.

2 Likes

I haven’t tried that one yet, but it’s on a want list.

The 1st time I tried Nongshim ramen, it was in red and black cup form, w/lotsa veggies. It had expired a month or two before the food bank handed it out, but it was XLNT, the best ramen I’d ever had. I eventually found it on amazOMG and put it on the shopping list. My BF got what he could find at the store - spicy chicken, spicy shrimp, and non-spicy (rectified that w/judicious use of powdered scotch bonnet!) beef bowls. I’m not a shrimp fan, so he had that one. He’s a big hot sauce etc fan but said it was way too hot for him.

3 Likes

Get up for the down vote?

11 Likes

:musical_note: Not just knee deep, they was totally deep
Reppin’ the constituency…

8 Likes

It’s just been tough for me to let go of eating spicy food. I love a good, super hot hot sauce. I even tried Da Bomb Beyond Insanity years before Hot Ones became a thing. That stuff is nasty tasting, by the way. If you’ve never tried it, do yourself a favor and don’t. It’s basically just pure capsaicin in a form that tastes like what I imagine battery acid would taste like. So it’s too hot to be fun, and it tastes awful.

9 Likes

I hear ya; clock’s ticking on me too.

I did mention it upthread, though not by it’s full name:

:wink:

7 Likes

Please tell me you watch “Hot Ones”…

4 Likes

Of course; how else would I know about “the Da Bomb Beyond Insanity?”

Best reactions (and parodies) from celebs, ever.

8 Likes

Episode 1 Premiere GIF by RuPaul's Drag Race

4 Likes

Same, as far as eating it in that moment i can handle really quite spicy foods. And i want to say i’ve eaten the x3 spicy Buldak instant noodles before for fun, no challenge or prodding by friends. Got it for myself and enjoyed it despite the heat level. But these days my stomach doesn’t handle high level of spice all that well, mostly it seems to affect me the next day and gives me a pretty bad stomach ache. I still do spice but i try not to push it to super high levels as frequently.

7 Likes

Seems reasonable to me - for “Veterinary” I’m reading “agricultural.” Makes sense that the standards for food and the for animals that are going to be eaten would be connected. The US model seems weird - food and drugs? The same organization making sure you have sound methodology for testing your new medicine is also responsible for making sure there aren’t rat bits in your breakfast cereal?

8 Likes

Ah, I totally missed that. That stuff is made in Kansas City, too, which is weird. That’s not a place known for spicy.

6 Likes

Speaking of missing it:

@hecep

I completely missed that entire comment, but at least it made for a funny exchange with @Immutable_Mike

Also, my bf is 52 years old (not young) and doesn’t work in a cubicle in anyone’s office… so no, it’s not the same guy.

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

10 Likes

Shin Black is supposed to be spicy. I always add a big spoonful of gochujang to give it some heat.
Now Buldak can have some serious heat, but it reaches a plateau for me. Once I hit that it doesn’t bother me anymore.

4 Likes

I was so disappointed when I learned that paprika was just peppers.

6 Likes

Of course, the former, but he keeps calling them Parliament since he was brought up on the original band and other 70’s stuff. His mom’s influence, he says.

4 Likes