Instant ramen recalled for being too spicy

Yeah, latin based languages seem to have figured it out, speziato and piccante in Italian.

2 Likes

I think every language other than English has. Scharf vs würzig/stark gewürzt in German.

2 Likes

I took this image (in Norway) while shopping earlier. Tells you all you need to know about Scandinavians and spice.

7 Likes

“Sissy Salsa” for the win!

Hereafter I will call piquant flavours “Scovillian” as in “That’s too Scovillian for me.” Or “That needs some Scovillianning.”

I love chili oils and pastes. My current favourite is Okazu Chili Miso. Mild.

7 Likes

damn! i wanted that to be original, so i could steal it!
but i see “scovillian” is a Pokémon thing.
i was gonna be Peppermeister, too! Peppermeister the Scovillian. phooey!

6 Likes

I’ve lost track of the number of times I’ve argued that I like spice, only to have people assume I only eat bland food just because heat is not so fun for me.

6 Likes

And here I thought it was original. I’ve got to get out more. Steal it anyways and we can change the language.

4 Likes

I definitely can’t handle that level of spice, but I love habaneros which are pretty damn hot to many people.

With regard to the product in OP, it literally has the words “spicy” emblazoned across the packaging. Whatever happened to “buyer beware”?

4 Likes

“Salsa Illegal” would be an amazing band name.

8 Likes
3 Likes

Now I have Clandestino from Manu Chao stuck in my head, but he’s saying “Salsa Illegal”

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.