Intel apologizes for taking sides in Gamergate, insists it didn't take sides

I understand all that. I would still like to see what the content was of these ads that they pulled. I’m curious because I never got to see them. I also like to know as much as I can about a situation before jumping on someone’s bandwagon with incomplete information.

I will never understand how to use this silly thing, or quote stuff, or have things thread properly, oh well…

Well, I wrote to them to complain and told them I would boycott their product as a result of this action, and I know I’m not the only one. Consumer campaigns and boycotts work to a certain degree.

You would know, since, by commenting here, you are a BoingBoinger. But please don’t speak for the rest of us.

Fair enough, but even if their claims are taken 100% at face value, it still strikes the vast majority of people as absurd that their priorities would be the way they are.

2 Likes

Sorry Nanite, this was the same logic that was used when they pulled the ads in the first place, the problem is once they took out the ads, they took a side, now they issued a press release, which falls short of being an apology, and they have not switched sides.

Yes, I see they want out. So why don’t they say this? You can’t comment on something and not take a side, otherwise you’re just driving trollies.

1 Like

Well, in that case, I doubt that the ads in question were ever even created.
Because, you know, this was never in any way an issue about ad content. This was always about pre-booked and purchased ad space.
Totally different situation, actually.

1 Like

Nah, you’re doing fine. :wink:

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.