'Intense protests' by COVID deniers halt Idaho health board meeting that sought to mandate masks as coronavirus rages in state

You would think they’d have a Zoom meeting to avoid all these moran’s.

3 Likes

Yep.

Not many, and those that ARE around, tend to avoid making a lot of waves. And yes, it’s exactly as creepy as that sounds.

Edit -> @abutilon WTF, an M-113?! The joke’s on them and the local taxpayers; that thing is a) old as time, and b) a maintenance nightmare, as any tracked vehicle inevitably is. Good chance that chassis saw Korea and/or Vietnam o.o’ .

It’s also pretty terribad for most urban uses, as tracked armor generally is, at least from an infantryman’s viewpoint, except direct terror/suppression of the populace. When we used 'em, we stayed the {censored} out of cities whenever possible.

2 Likes

If they ever do actually use it, I’m pretty sure it’d just be a mobile barricade.

They might break it out for church fundraisers to have the kiddies climb over too. I’m sure most Idaho sheriffs are pleased as punch to mix church and state all day long.

1 Like

Hopefully it becomes the rusting cool “tank”, parked in the middle of town somewhere, with weeds growing through the tracks.

Amusing trivia: Those 13-ton buggers float (assuming you have no leaks in your ancient armored box ^^’ ). And if they have the side skirts installed, they’ll even make about 5 knots headway. Most expensive, shittiest dinghy ever!

2 Likes

I was gonna say “What about the Bradley” but it turns out they never did get the full treatment for water mobility and drowned a bunch of guys in testing too.

1 Like

Bradleys are deathtraps in several ways. Their biggest flaw, in my eyes, is that armored commanders tend to try to use 'em as “tank destroyers”, which is totally 180° from their use as an APC. Not too cool if you’re inside the damn thing at the time!

They’re also ruinously expensive, making that M-113 look like a cute VW in comparison.

1 Like

And the day those idiots are in the Covid ICU about to be intubated their last words will be “but this is all fake!!!”.

1 Like

“So in the end you get”
“A troop transport that can’t carry troops, a reconnaissance vehicle that’s too conspicuous to do reconnaissance.”
“And a quasi-tank that has less armor than a snow-blower but has enough ammo to take out half of DC”

Truly, the peak of american innovation.

3 Likes

If they’re intubated, they’ll be mercifully silent. Maybe some light gagging sounds.

2 Likes

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.